Recent news:

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-04-23

FIN-OLTaivalkoski

RUS-SBratsk

RUS-CChulkovo

SLOGorenja Brezovica   NEW!

SLOBirčna Vas   NEW!

2024-04-22

NOR-34Rena   NEW!

NOR-34Sør-Fron   NEW!

NOR-34Enger   NEW!

FIN-OLRuka

SLOLjubljana   NEW!

SLOPodkraj   NEW!

2024-04-21

FIN-OLKuusamo

2024-04-20

FIN-LLPosio

SLOŽibrše   NEW!

SLOBrezovica pri Ljubljani   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



NORNOR-54Kvæfjord

Vikeland

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Vikelandsbakken (Hunstadkollen):

K-Point: 66 m
Men Winter Hill record: 72.0 m (Ignor Hansen NOR, 1954-04-04)
72.0 m (Åge Leiramo NOR, 1954-04-04)
72.0 m (Åge Dalheim NOR, 1954-04-04)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1935
Conversions: 1949, 1951
Operating until: 1964
Year of destruction: 1979
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Kvæfjord Idrettslag
Coordinates: 68.758861, 16.281972 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

After Kvæfjord Idrettslag was founded in 1919, its first ski jumping hill was Rødhammeren, where jumps of up to 42 meters could be made. From the early 1930s, the club also used Surnåsbakken (hill record 52.5 m in 1967).
Its largest hill, however, was Vikelandsbakken (also called Hunstadkollen), which was built in 1935. It was enlarged for the North Norwegian championships in 1949, when almost 4000 spectators saw Gunnar Mikkelsen set a hill record of 71 meters. Less than two months after the competition, the inrun tower fell down in a storm. The 25-meter-high tower was rebuilt and ready for use again in April 1951. After the hill was vandalized in 1964, the club's board proposed to close it down, but it was not approved by the members. A formal decision to close the hill was made in 1967, but the dilapidated remains of the inrun tower were still standing as late as 1978.

to top

Hill records K66 (Men):

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com