Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-06-13

NOR-08Rjukan   NEW!

USA-CODenver

NOR-46Naustdal

2024-06-12

NOR-34Folldal   NEW!

NOR-06Kongsberg

NOR-03Oslo

NOR-20Kirkenes   NEW!

NOR-46Stryn

FRA-AMarkstein   NEW!

RUS-PUfa

USA-MAConcord

2024-06-11

NOR-07Kvelde   NEW!

FIN-LLUtsjoki   NEW!

NOR-50Orkdal

AUT-NOTernitz

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-SNSchmiedeberg

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Schanze im Hochofengrund:

K-Point: 32 m
Men Summer Hill record: 34.0 m (Uwe Lippmann DDR, 1983-06-12)
34.0 m (Uwe Lippmann DDR, 1983-06-12)
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1954
Conversions: 1957, 1974
Coordinates: 50.830367, 13.689242 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
K-Point: 12 m
Men Summer Hill record: 13.0 m (Gerd Siegmund GER, 1983-06-12)
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1977

Schanze im Lattengründl:

K-Point: 24 m
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1930
Year of destruction: 1933
Further jumps: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SG Stahl Schmiedeberg
Coordinates: 50.830367, 13.689242 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

For the construction of the “Schanze im Lattengründl” 11 sportsmen built in about 500 hours of work a 7 m high and 16 m long inrun tower and transported into the “Lattengründl". On 1930-12-14 the time had come to celebrate the opening ceremony and from then on the ski jump was a point of attraction every Sunday for hundreds of sport fans of Schmiedeberg. First hill record holder was Willy Ranisch with 24.5 m, the last official competition on the ski jumping hill took place on 1933-01-29.
The first jumping competition after World War II was in 1949 on a snow jumping hill at the “Naundorfer Flur”.
After that the ski jump in the Hochofen was built, but after some trouble with the controlling committee the work that was already done in the outrun of the jump was destroyed by a flood on July 7 and 8 in 1954.
On 1958-03-09 time had come to open the second ski jumping hill at Schmiedeberg after 1404 hours of hard work. Gerhard Steiningen from Hennersdorf who practised at Schmiedeberg set up the first hill record with 31.5 m.
From July 1974 on the jump was converted and second smaller ski jump was built, which had been one of the most modern small hills in the GDR after the opening ceremony on 1977-10-08 and had guaranteed perfect practising conditions for the jumpers of the area.
Today the jumps are unfortunately no longer existing.

to top

Hill records K32 (Men):

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

1)   Gerd Richter   wrote on 2013-08-04 at 11:22:

Hochofengrund in Karte

Unter http://www.openlinkmap.org/?lat=50.8304&lon=13.68948&zoom=18 müsste morgen der Link zur Hochofengrundschanze erscheinen. Diesen Punkt bitte anklicken und unter Karte (oben) verlinken?

Nach Lattengründel wird demnächst geschaut.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com