Recent news:

2500 ski jumping facilities now online!

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-10-19

NOR-34Gran   NEW!

NOR-30Drammen   NEW!

2020-10-16

AUT-VEgg

2020-10-15

NOR-34Dovre   NEW!

NOR-38Larvik   NEW!

NOR-54Hammerfest   NEW!

NOR-30Nesodden   NEW!

GER-SNOttendorf-Okrilla   NEW!

GER-SNZwickau

2020-10-14

RUSProkopevsk

RUSRoshchino   NEW!

GER-BWHinterzarten

RUSYakhroma   NEW!

RUSVolkhov

NOR-34Hamar   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



USAUSA-VTBrattleboro

Latchis Ski Park

Data | History | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Latchis Ski Jump:

K-Point: 35 m
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1952
Conversions: 1953
Operating until: 1979
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Brattleboro Outing Club
Coordinates: 42.839551, -72.567655 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Winter sports activities at Latchis Ski Park started in 1948. In addition to Harris Hill, which was already a 70-meter hill at that time, in 1952 John Latchis, Fred Harris and Terry Tyler built a 30-meter hill there. The ski jump was beautifully situated and had an attractive profile, but it was washed away by the snowmelt in the spring of 1953. Latchis Ski Jump was able to be restored through a great deal of work and heavy soil movements.
In the mid-1950s, the hill was threatened by the construction of the Interstate 91 highway. In December 1956, John Latchis succeeded in court, who ordered the planned motorway exit to be relocated so that the ski jump could be preserved - but the alpine ski area had to give way. The hill was very popular with young jumpers and was also the venue for numerous local championships. Over the years it was rebuilt and expanded. The last competition took place in February 1979. Today there is a shopping center on the site.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com