|Year of construction:||1961|
|Ski club:||SV Winterstein|
|Coordinates:||50.884814, 10.457950 ✔|
The first wintersports club in Winterstein, today located in Waltershausen municipality, was established in 1920s. Besides a small natural snow jumping hill at Thielberg, the club did not have any facilities. After World War II, wintersports enthusiasts of BSG Traktor (later BSG Motor and today SV Winterstein 90 e.V.) constructed a ski jumping facility at Sembachtal in 1951. In 1961, Pionierschanze was built at the north side of Hopfenberg. During GDR times, successful young athletes from Winterstein were delegated to the training centers of KJS Oberhof or alter ASK Brotterode. With the political turn-over in 1989-90, the history of wintersports activities in Winterstein came to an end.
The pioneer hill at Hopfenberg was later also covered with plastic mattings for summer jumping. Furthermore, in 1984 the ski cabin was built. Still in 1984, the wooden inrun tower was replaced by a steel structure. However, with the political turn-over in 1990 land ownership disputes ultimately lead to the closure of the ski jump and its deconstruciton.