Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-05-25

CZE-TKarlova Studánka

2024-05-24

POL-DKarpacz

2024-05-23

RUS-SMezhdurechensk

POL-DSzklarska Poręba

RUS-DMagadan

2024-05-22

FIN-LLSalla   NEW!

FIN-OLSotkamo   NEW!

ISLHveradalir

SWE-31Ambjörby   NEW!

SWE-31Ambjörby   NEW!

SWE-33Arvidsjaur   NEW!

SWE-33Lycksele

SWE-33Lycksele   NEW!

SWE-31Järvsö   NEW!

SWE-32Mellansel   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-SNSohland an der Spree

Schwarze Koppe

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Schanze der Freundschaft:

K-Point: 35 m
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1952
Conversions: 1959
Operating until: ca. 1975

Schanze an der Schwarzen Koppe:

K-Point: 30 m
Tower height: 13 m
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1930
Conversions: 1931
Operating until: ca. 1940

Schülerschanze an der Schwarzen Koppe:

K-Point: 15 m
Men Winter Hill record: 15.5 m (Thomas Hensel GER, 2000-01-01)
Tower height: 7 m
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1999
Operating until: ca. 2010
Further jumps: no
Year of construction: 1930
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Ski-Club Sohland
Coordinates: 51.028505, 14.395897 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The ski club of Sohland an der Spree was founded on October 28, 1928 based on the initiative of many members of the local hiking club “Alpenveilchen”. With a rapidly growing number of members, building new sports facilities became more and more important to the club, mainly focusing on the construction of new ski jumps. Always trying to be able to jump better and longer.
Thus, the first ski jump was built at "Schreibers Berg" in 1929. It allowed jumps of around 11 meters. In 1930, the construction of a new ski jumping hill at "Schwarze Koppe" followed, which then made jumps up to 20 m possible. Already in the following year it was reconstructed with a 13 meter high inrun tower, now allowing jumps on around 30 meters.
After World War II, a provisional hill was first built at "Schreibers Berg" in 1949. Then, in 1952 the ski jump at Schwarzen Koppe was reconstructed as "Schanze der Freundschaft". At the same time, a pioneer hill was set up at "Kuhberg", which was moved to the stone mine at Thielesee in 1957. In 1959, Schanze der Freundschaft was equipped with plastic mattings for summer use and additionally a judges tower was built.
However, with the construction of the plastic covered hills at Tännicht in early 1970s, the ski jump at Schwarze Koppe was abandonned and dilapidated. In October 1999, student discovered the landing hill of former Schanze der Freundschaft at Schwarze Koppe and constructed a new ski jump with a 7 m high wooden inrun tower. On 2000-01-01, the opening of the new ski jumping hill took place. During winters it had been used from time to time, but meanwhile it also dilapidated again.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com