Recent news:

Luis on Ski Jumping Hill Tournament: at the ladies' World Cup in Oberstdorf - Premiers after Premiers

New in the statistics area: personal best list of ski jumping ladies

Engelberg ski jump modernized - illuminated inrun track

Kandersteg now the second year-round center in Switzerland

New Erzberg Arena built and opened in time

more



Latest updates:

2017-01-13

GER-NWMarienheide   NEW!

GER-NWMarienheide

2017-01-11

BULSamokov

2017-01-05

GER-SNSohland

GER-SNSebnitz   NEW!

2016-12-24

FRA-IMorteau   NEW!

2016-12-04

TURErzurum

2016-12-03

GER-SNOelsnitz

GER-SNZschorlau

2016-11-21

FIN-OLKuusamo

2016-11-12

GER-STAnnarode   NEW!

RUSSankt-Peterburg

2016-11-05

POL-NWilkasy

GER-SNAugustusburg

2016-11-02

SUIKandersteg

more




Advertisement:





Partner:


Peter Riedel Sports Technology


SkokiPolska.pl


Skispringen-Community Forum

GERGER-SNSchwarzenberg

Data | History | Map | Comments

.

Tullin Thams Schanze:

K-Point: 18 m
Year of construction: 1924
Further jumps: no
Status: destroyed
Plastic matting: no

to top

History:

In 1924 cartwright and ski fabricant Dr. Hänichen was initiating the construction of a ski jump at Schwarzenberg, which allowed jumps on up to 18 m. Due to the growing fascination for ski jumping and the Olympic victory of Norway’s Jacob Tullin Thams at Chamonix in 1924, the jump, which was built on the estate of Dr. Hänichen, was named after the Olympic Gold Medal winner. The inrun was a street and in order to gain speed a inrun construction was set up. The ski jump existed about 15 years and it is said that Dr. Hänichen jumped on it a last time on his 60th birthday, wearing tail-coat and top hat.

to top

Map:

Advertisement:

The SEIL-FREY snow retention system

to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2016
www.skijumpinghills.com