Recent news:

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

Reconstruction of Średnia Krokiew at Zakopane completed

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-05-17

POL-SBielsko-Biała

SLOOtlica

2022-05-09

GER-THPiesau   NEW!

FRA-VMegève

GER-THGeraberg

2022-04-27

LATTalsi

LATTukums

2022-04-25

FIN-OLPudasjärvi

FIN-OLPudasjärvi   NEW!

2022-04-13

CZE-LHarrachov

CZE-LLomnice nad Popelkou

CZE-LHarrachov

CZE-HNáchod

CZE-HVelké Poříčí

CZE-HMachov

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-SNNassau

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Grünschönbergschanze:

K-Point: 40 m
Men Winter Hill record: 42.0 m (Rudi Löbel DDR)
Coordinates: 50.774191, 13.564655 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
K-Point: 22 m
Coordinates: 50.775009, 13.563910 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1930
Conversions: 1973
Status: destroyed
Ski club: ESV Nassau
Coordinates: 50.774191, 13.564655 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

In early 1930’s at Glimmlitztal, which is situated between Nassau and Reichenau, the large and small Grünschönbergschanze were constructed. The name came from the nearby former Grünschönberg farmyard situated in the forest and constructor was Hans Neuber from Frauenstein, who was dedicated to the ski jumping development in this area. In the beginning on the larger ski jumping hill jumps on up to 30 meters were possible, but after 1945 a wooden inrun tower was added and jumps on over 40 meters were realized.
The use and care of the jump was in this time given to the active ski jumpers of Nassau and in GDR times it was former BSG Traktor Nassau, which hosted competitions on the jump until 1980’s, although the club of the district Chemnitz was only a cross-country skiing training centre.
At the same time in 1973/74 for the youngest jumpers a pioneer hill was set up in the centre of Nassau on the Härtwig estate. This K22 hill was equipped with a steel-made inrun construction in 1980’s, which was dismantled after the “turnover” in middle 90’s by local sportsmen. The hobby jumpers of the club wanted to reuse it in Glimmlitztal for the dilapidated Grünschönbergschanze, in order to renew the popular facility and enlarge it into K55. But there were not only supporters of this project, but also denying voices inside the community. Finally in 1999 the intermediate stored steel elements were scrapped and therewith the ski jumping tradition of Nassau was finished.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com