Recent news:

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

Reconstruction of Średnia Krokiew at Zakopane completed

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-05-17

POL-SBielsko-Biała

SLOOtlica

2022-05-09

GER-THPiesau   NEW!

FRA-VMegève

GER-THGeraberg

2022-04-27

LATTalsi

LATTukums

2022-04-25

FIN-OLPudasjärvi

FIN-OLPudasjärvi   NEW!

2022-04-13

CZE-LHarrachov

CZE-LLomnice nad Popelkou

CZE-LHarrachov

CZE-HNáchod

CZE-HVelké Poříčí

CZE-HMachov

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-SNLindenau

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Rautenkranz-Schanze:

K-Point: 40 m
Men Winter Hill record: 42.5 m (Paul Steinbach DDR, 1964)
Further jumps: K9
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1932
Conversions: 1953, 1960
Year of destruction: 1968
Status: destroyed
Ski club: KV Schneeberg
Coordinates: 50.585259, 12.612981 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

In the forefront of 1936 Winter Olympics in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, also in Lindenau in Saxony two ski jumping hills were built with K-Points of approx. 35 and 9 meters in 1932. They had been used until 1939 and were then given up during World War II.
Directed by KV Schneeberg, the ski jumping hill at Rautenkranz was re-built in 1953. It had a wooden inrun tower and permitted jumps up to 40 meters. Henceforth it had been very popular with the youngsters from Lindenau, each winter there were many active ski jumpers and the hill was even used as part of school sports education.
However, it was damaged by a fire caused by unknown incendiarists on 1960-01-03. The reconstruction was done still in the same year, but due to winters with little snow, further willful damaging and wood theft, the ski jumping hill had to be finally dismantled in 1968 and the wood was re-used for the construction of a new football pitch.

to top

Hill records K40 (Men):

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com