Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-06-15

POL-SGilowice

POL-KSułkowice

POL-KAndrychów

POL-SWisła

GER-SNBad Brambach

GER-THDermbach

GER-SNDresden

RUS-CMoskva

SVKVysoké Tatry   NEW!

SVKVysoké Tatry   NEW!

USA-MIIron Mountain

SVKPartizánske   NEW!

SVKLiptovský Mikuláš   NEW!

USA-WIMadison

NOR-46Førde

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-SNChemnitz

Erfenschlag

Data | History | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Walter-Güldner-Schanze:

K-Point: 30 m
Year of construction: 1925
Conversions: 1950
Coordinates: 50.784136, 12.952712 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

Pionierschanze:

K-Point: 20 m
Year of construction: 1955
Operating until: 1960
Coordinates: 50.782006, 12.956409 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
K20 (1955-1960)K20 (1928-1933)

Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SSV TEXTIMA Chemnitz
Coordinates: 50.784136, 12.952712 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The Walter-Güldner-Schanze was opened in Erfenschlag at Chemnitz already on 1925-12-06. The natural ski jumping hill was named after Walter Güldner in consideration of his merits at the preparations for and execution of the hill construction. He, who also performed the inauguration jump, was a fruit wholesaler from Chemnitz and as an enthusiastic skiing supporter had convinced several Chemnitz ski organizations and the gymnasts Erfenschlag in a committee to build this hill and to use it together. Then in 1928 the judges towers standing on both side of the hill were started running, as well as the hill floodlights and in 1931 the whole ski jumping hill was enlarged.
After that the guesthouse "Uhlig", which was situated at the foot of the outrun, experienced many interesting and well-frequented competitions. In the wartime the facility became dilapidated, was rebuilt, however, in 1950 and the popular night competitions dragged many people again to the hill. The jump business was stopped in 1962 and in the course of the years the slope naturalized itself.
However, the Walter-Güldner-Schanze remains in memories to have been the first ski jumping facility of Germany with artificial light.
The Georg-Bienert hill was set up 1928 by the gymnasts Erfenschlag separately and competitions of the worker sports took place increasingly on it. With the take-over of the National Socialists 1933 the end of the hill came, since such events were forbidden strictly.
The reconstruction was then made by interested pupils and teenagers of the school of Erfenschlager in 1955. Unfortunately Pionierschanze was later used only until early 60s.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com