Recent news:

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

Renovation of Inselbergschanze possible – future Ladies’ World Cups as well?

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-08-06

NOR-30Drammen   NEW!

NOR-30Blaker   NEW!

SVKPodkonice

RUSSortavala

RUSMolodezhnoye

2020-08-05

NOR-38Hof   NEW!

NOR-50Trondheim   NEW!

NOR-34Gausdal   NEW!

POL-TRuczynów   NEW!

NOR-46Førde   NEW!

NOR-30Ål   NEW!

SVKBrusno

2020-08-04

NOR-30Nesbyen

NOR-30Nesbyen

NOR-30Nesbyen   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-NWNeuastenberg

Rauchloch

Data | History | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Raulochschanze (Verbands-Schanze):

K-Point: 40 m
Year of construction: 1931
Conversions: 1945
Out of operation since: 1950
K40 (1931-1950)K22 (1909-1931)

Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1909
Conversions: 1931, 1945
Out of operation since: 1950
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SC Neuastenberg

to top

History:

Rauchlochschanze was located at the south-eastern hill of Kahler Asten, the most famous mountain of Sauerland region. The origins of the name (hole of dust) are not clear, but most likely come from the phenomenon of steady fog, which occurs often at the location. Built in 1909, it was one of the first wintersports facilities of the whole region. Due to its location, it offered secure snow and wind conditions. First competitions took place in winter 1909/1910, annual ski fests were held later on.
A newspaper reported significant dangers of the ski jump on Februar 15th 1926. The outrun was dangerous, "after a good jump, the jumpers let themselves fall down to the ground, just to avoid sliding into a water stream. That is definitely a distortion." With the conversion in 1931, the safety in the outrun was enhanced, as well as the size of the ski jump. Now, it allowed distances up to 45 meters.
During World War II, another extension of the hill size was considered, but that never happened. After a British commandant requested a clearing of the ski jump in September 1945, it once again was in use until 1950. Then, a new ski jump at Postwiese was constructed.
Meanwhile, nature reoccupied the area of the former ski jump. Except for the take-off, the forest aisle of the inrun and the bottom of the inrun tower, nothing is visible anymore.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com