Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!

Latest updates:


AUT-OOBad Goisern


AUT-OOBad Goisern

AUT-THopfgarten im Brixenthal   NEW!


AUT-SStrobl   NEW!

AUT-NOTernitz   NEW!

AUT-STMitterbach am Erlaufsee   NEW!

NOR-42Grimstad   NEW!

NOR-34Åsvang   NEW!

NOR-30Fredrikstad   NEW!

NOR-30Lier   NEW!

NOR-30Lunner   NEW!

RUS-PLeninskaya Iskra



FIN-ESSarvitaipale   NEW!




Peter Riedel Sports Technology

Skispringen-Community Forum



Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments



K-Point: 65 m
Men Winter Hill record: 68.0 m
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1964
K-Point: 45 m
Men Summer Hill record: 44.0 m
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1964
Conversions: 1975


K-Point: 25 m
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1959
Further jumps: no
Year of construction: 1959
Conversions: 1964, 1975
Operating until: 1989
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SC Hartenrod
Coordinates: 50.770807, 8.455794 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top


On Saturday, October 5, 1957, the Ski-Club Hartenrod e.V. was founded in the Otto Plaum restaurant in Schlierbach. The founders were 9 young men, none of whom were older than 22 years. In the beginning, the main topic of the association was the construction of a ski jump, on which public and official jumping and competitions should be held. In the spring of 1958, the work on this hill started - the Hinterland-Schanze was built in the forest area of Meierkripp in Hartenrod (today in Bad Endbach municipality). The inauguration took place in February 1959 and the first hill record was set at 27 meters. Several cup competitions and district championships followed.
When the Hinterlandschanze no longer met the requirements, a new ski jump was built in 1963/1964 - the Dachsberg-Schanze. Jumps close to 70 meters could be achieved here. Cup competitions, district championships, Hessian championships, and even German championships were held on the Dachsberg ski jump. Over the years, a very good team of cross-country skiers and ski jumpers grew together, fighting for titles up to German championships. In January 1966, the course was set for a Four Hills Tournament Hartenrod-Hirzenhain-Rittershausen-Schönbach. A sporting event that became an integral part of club activities in the years that followed.
In order to offer ski jumpers a training opportunity in summer as well, in 1975 the largest plastic-covered ski jump in Hesse was built on the Dachsberg in Schlierbach, next to the previous ski jump. The construction point was 45 and the hill record was 44 meters. On September 21, 1975 the finished plastic ski jump was officially inaugurated in front of more than 2000 enthusiastic spectators and participants from the Hessian Ski Association, West German Ski Association, and Bavarian Ski Association.
The ski jumping hills were used until 1988/89. Today, SC Hartenrod still does alpine skiing on its own ski slope and maintains the cross-country ski trails for Nordic skiing fans.

to top


to top


to top

Photo gallery:


to top


Post comment:

bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

2)   hartenröder   wrote on 2013-11-20 at 21:35:


also ich bin schomma darauf geklettert und es was sau konnte sogar auf so nen aussichtsturm klettern
ich habe mich informiert und früher saßen dort die kampfrichter.

glg aus dem besten dorf ever

1)   Jens Jahn   wrote on 2011-11-28 at 19:09:

Zur Hinterlandschanze gehörten auch noch die beiden kleineren mattenbelegten Schanzen K 40 und K 15.

to top

Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024