Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-05-28

GER-SNDresden

2024-05-27

GER-SNCoswig

2024-05-26

GER-BBGroßthiemig

2024-05-25

CZE-KRotava

CZE-KMariánské Lázně   NEW!

CZE-KMariánské Lázně

RUS-PNizhniy Novgorod

CZE-KPrameny

CZE-TKarlova Studánka

2024-05-24

POL-DKarpacz

2024-05-23

RUS-SMezhdurechensk

POL-DSzklarska Poręba

RUS-DMagadan

2024-05-22

FIN-LLSalla   NEW!

FIN-OLSotkamo   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BYLautrach

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Kirchbergschanze:

K-Point: 38 m
Men Winter Hill record: 47.0 m (Hermann Anwander BRD)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1949
Conversions: 1952, 1969
Operating until: 1971
Year of destruction: 1982
Status: destroyed
Ski club: TSV Lautrach/Illerbeuren
Coordinates: 47.896310, 10.109980 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Already directly after World War II ski jumping activities came up at Lautrach on provisional ski jumps at Reisle-Berg and at Schrofen. After the skiing section of TSV Lautrach/Illerbeuren was founded, in fall 1949 the construction of a ski jumping hill started. It was projected by Gottfried Schedel and located at Kirchtal, opposite the parish church of Lautrach. The opening of Kirchbergschanze was held on January 8, 1950 and attended by 2,500 spectators.
Already in 1952, the ski jump was extended with an inrun structure made from wood and metal according to plans by Heini Klopfer. The following opening competition was won by Toni Brutscher. In the following years, some district and Allgaeu championships were held at Lautrach. From 1961 to 65, permanent flood lighting was installed for night events. This made the ski jump of Lautrach very popular for training also with ski jumpers from Oberstdorf like Sepp Weiler and Max Bolkart.
In 1965 the hill was damaged by a landslide. Only in 1969 Kirchbergschanze could be re-opened with a night competition. However, in 1971 another landslide damaged the ski jump again seriously. The cost of reconstruction was estimated at 100,000 DM and could not be born by the ski club. Thus, in 1982 it was finally decided to deconstruct the ski jump along with the judges’ tower. It is not quite clear who held the final hill record on Kirchbergschanze, probably it is Hermann Anwander of SC Oberstdorf with 47 meters.

to top

Hill records K38 (Men):

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com