Recent news:

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

Renovation of Inselbergschanze possible – future Ladies’ World Cups as well?

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 makes progress

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2019-12-10

CAN-ONToronto

SVKSelce

2019-12-09

UKRVerkhovyna

SWESollentuna

PRKSamjiyŏn   NEW!

UKRSlavske

UKRLviv

2019-12-08

FIN-LSSuolahti

FIN-OLTaivalkoski

RUSMoskva

AUT-SSchwarzach im Pongau

USA-MINegaunee   NEW!

GER-SNJohanngeorgenstadt

GER-BWMehrstetten

DANSøllerød

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



CZECZE-HŠpindlerův Mlýn

Svatý Petr

Data | History | Hill records | Competitions | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Klausengrundschanze:

K-Point: 60 m
Year of construction: 1906
Conversions: 1940
Out of operation since: 1942

Svatý Petr:

K-Point: 86 m
Men Winter Hill record: 84.5 m (Hans-Georg Aschenbach DDR, 1973-02-13)
Year of construction: 1947
Out of operation since: 1981
K-Point: 50 m
Men Winter Hill record: 50.5 m (Pauli Vainio FIN, 1949-02-06)
Further jumps: K28, K16
Year of construction: 1948
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Ski Klub Špindl

to top

History:

In the history of Czech ski jumping Špindlerŭv Mlýn (ger. Spindler Mühle) in the Giants Mountains was one of the most important centres. Today, it is a small but much sought-after winter sports ressort with many visitors every year, at which even Alpine Ski World Cup takes place sometimes.
The first historically mentioned jumping hill stood already in 1905 near the Hotel Esplanada (record distance in 1906 was 16.5 m). Later, in the 1920’s another ski jump existed in Milscherloch.

In 1936, Elbgrundschanze at Mädelsteg was inaugurated (cz. Masarykův Můstek at Dívčí lávky), on which the Nazi-German championships were hosted in 1941.
The first ski jumping hill in the town district Svatý Petr (en. Saint Peter) already existed in 1906. For the Nordic Combined competition in 1941, Klausengrundschanze at Svatý Petr was enlarged into a 60 meter hill. Winner at the time was Gustl Berauer. The last competitions there were the Nazi-German youth championships in 1942.
After World War II, ski jumping activities were completely moved to Svatý Petr, where four new wooden jumps (K16, K28, K50 and K72) were built up from 1947 until 1953. Step by step in the following years the jumps were enlarged and many national and international ski jumping competitions were held.
In the 1960's and 70's, on the jump now already enlarged into a K86, Svatý Petr was host of the at that time well-known “Bohemian Tournament”. Furthermore, Špindlerův Mlýn with its Svatý Petr ski jumping hill was hosting the Winter-Universiade in 1964 and 1978.
In the year of 1969, the famous Czech ski jump architect Karel Jarolímek designed a new giant ski jump K170 that should be built at Svatý Petr. However, the Czechoslovak ski federation decided to realize this project at Harrachov, which was completed in 1980. With this decision, the period of ski jumping at and around Špindlerŭv Mlyn was over and a long-lasting tradition ended.

to top

Hill records K86 (Men):

to top

Competitions:

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link
1)   Alfred Kraus   wrote on 2019-11-05 at 14:46:

Jugendschanze neben 60 m-Klausengrungschanze

Rechts neben der 60 m- Klausengrundschanze gab es eine
30m-Jugendschanze, auf der Ende Januar/Anfang Februar 1943
Schülermeisterschaften ausgetragen wurden.
Leider konnte ich von dieser Jugendschanze bisher kein Bild
finden.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2019
www.skijumpinghills.com