|Year of construction:||1937|
|Year of destruction:||1961|
|Ski club:||Peterborough Winter Sports Club|
Peterborough Winter Sports Committee in 1936 decided to built a ski jump.
Opened one year later, the hill at Nassau was designed by local ski-hero Otto Laderach who came to the city 10 years earlier from Switzerland.
Building the almost 81 meters high structure cost 1000$.
The ski jump was used until late 1950's. During early 1960s the land was bought by Trent University, which decided to demolish the ski jump. However, the structure was so solid that workers couldn't tear it down! Instead, on 15th April 1961 they burned the ski jump down. During next years university buildings were built in that place and nowadays nothing reminds anymore that decades ago local skiers were jumping at Otonabee River.