Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-05-24

POL-DKarpacz

2024-05-23

RUS-SMezhdurechensk

POL-DSzklarska Poręba

RUS-DMagadan

2024-05-22

FIN-LLSalla   NEW!

FIN-OLSotkamo   NEW!

ISLHveradalir

SWE-31Ambjörby   NEW!

SWE-31Ambjörby   NEW!

SWE-33Arvidsjaur   NEW!

SWE-33Lycksele

SWE-33Lycksele   NEW!

SWE-31Järvsö   NEW!

SWE-32Mellansel   NEW!

SWE-32Funäsdalen

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



AUTAUT-OOAmpflwang im Hausruckwald

Data | History | Contact | Links | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Bergmannsschanze:

K-Point: 55 m
Inrun length: 57 m
Conversions: 1954
Operating until: 1971
K55 (1954-1971)K35 (1952-1954)

Further jumps: K30
Spectator capacity: 1,000
Year of construction: 1952
Conversions: 1954
Operating until: 1971
Ski club: Skiclub Ampflwang
Coordinates: 48.084300, 13.539583 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The Bergmannsschanze was built by the Skiclub Ampflwang shortly after its establishment in 1952, as well as a ski slope. It was located in the district of Lukasberg in the middle of the Wolfsegg-Traunthaler forest. The opening took place on February 15 1953, about 1000 spectators watched it.
Only two years later, the ski jump was enlarged to a K55 - 20 meters bigger than the original one. The inrun length was now 57 meters and there were five entrances for it. Next to this ski jump, also a smaller K30 was built and made Ampflwang a famous ski jumping place in the region. In 1967, the ski club organized the Nordic Championships of the Northern Territory of Austria and in 1970 even the Austrian Nordic Student's and Pupil's Championships.
At the same time, coal mining took place in the ski jumps' area, which made any activity stop in 1971. Due to this influence in the topography and geology at the place, this was the end of the ski jumping era in Ampflwang.
Only the concrete take-off and the steel framework of the larger hill, the take-off of the smaller hill and the judges' tower are left. But also these few remainings are more and more covered by nature, especially forest.

to top

Contact:

to top

Links:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com