Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-05-21

SWE-33Älvsbyn   NEW!

SWE-32Stugun   NEW!

SWE-33Lycksele   NEW!

CROGerovo

RUS-PLysva

FIN-ISAhveninen

NOR-30Ytre Enebakk   NEW!

AUT-STBad Mitterndorf

2024-05-20

AUT-STBad Aussee

2024-05-19

AUT-OOBad Ischl

2024-05-18

AUT-OOBad Goisern

2024-05-17

AUT-OOBad Goisern

AUT-THopfgarten im Brixenthal   NEW!

GER-THBiberau-Biberschlag

AUT-SStrobl   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



AUTAUT-KVelden

Marienhof

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Marienhofschanzen:

K-Point: 58 m
Men Winter Hill record: 60.5 m (Norbert Mörtl AUT, 1985)
Tower height: 33 m
Further jumps: K28
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1966
Conversions: 1984, 1999
Operating until: ca. 2005
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Skizunft Velden
Coordinates: 46.613579, 14.029423 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Already in 1926, Albert Bildstein founded the "Skizunft Velden" and first ski jumping competitions were organized in the following winter on a 25-meter hill in Duel named after him. At that time, ski jumpign was very popular around Wörthersee and many small hils were set up. Furthermore, in 1932 a 10-meter children hill was added, the "Helmut-Bildstein-Schanze".
In 1933, a larger 35-meter hill, Wörthersee-Schanze, or also called Holzbauer-Schanze, was built above today's tennis courts at "Waldarena". From January 1934 until Worl War II, competitions for the "blue ribbon" of Velden were held there.
After World War II, first a new ski jumping hill was set up at Lindner Moorwiese in 1949, which allowed jumps up to 30 meters. In 1952, at the site of former Holzbauer-Schanze a new ski jump was designed by Erich Kuich, on which distances up to 42 meters were reached.
From 1966 onwards, Union Velden built the new Marienhofschanze as a replacement of the old Bildstein-Schanze. It had a wooden inrun tower and allowed jumps up to 50 meters. However, the tower became rotten and had to be deconstructed in 1980. Then, in 1984 the ski jump was reconstructed as K60 with a steel inrun tower and beside it, a smaller jump was set up.
Only a bit more than 10 years later, the tower was dilapidated again and then renovated by SZ Velden in 1998-99 for around 200,000 Schillings. However, the ski jumps were not frequently used anymore and activities ended in mid 2000's. Around the same time, the small Hugo-Schwarz-Schanze was sometimes prepared during winters. It was located between Marienhofschanze and the indoor ice rink, but it was also given up in 2000's.
Meanwhile, SZ Velden is again very actively training young ski jumpers. Initiated by long-term international ski jumping judge Hannes Vouk from Velden, the construction of a new junior ski jumping center close to the location of the old Marienhofschanzen began in 2013. In summer 2016, the three ski jumping hills K25, K10 and K5 were also covered with innovative plastic mattings, which need less water for ski jumping.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com