Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-06-22

NOR-06Nesbyen

2024-06-21

NOR-46Voss

2024-06-20

NOR-46Oppheim

2024-06-19

CRODelnice

NOR-46Vik i Sogn

2024-06-18

FIN-LSTampere

FIN-ESVihti   NEW!

FIN-ESKerava   NEW!

NOR-46Vangsnes

FIN-ISIisalmi   NEW!

FIN-ESHyvinkää

FIN-ESLahti   NEW!

FIN-LSKannus

FIN-LLKemi

FIN-LSKokkola   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



USAUSA-WIWestby

Anderson Hill

Data | History | Hill records | Competitions | Map | Comments

.

Anderson Hill:

K-Point: ca. 60 m
Men Winter Hill record: 68.0 m (223 ft) (Juhani Kärkinen FIN, 1957-01-27)
Year of construction: 1948
Operating until: 1960
K60 (1948-1960)K50 (1926-1930)

Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1926
Conversions: 1948
Operating until: 1960
Status: destroyed
Coordinates: 43.695668, -90.845637 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The Snowflake Ski Club was founded in 1922 and can look back on a long history of ski jumping and ski jumping hills. From 1923 to 1925, the ski jump at the Holte Farm was used. After that, the activities moved to the Anderson Farm in Timber Coulee near today's Snowflake ski jumps. Anderson Hill had a 22-meter high tower and allowed jumps over 50 meters. Alf Engen held the hill record with 187.5 and 193 feet. Around 1930, the ski jump was destroyed by a tornado and the jumping activities came to a standstill. Only later the ski club was re-established as a member of the Tri-State Ski Association. Before and after World War II, the jumping took place on the new hill in the Seas Branch.
In 1947/48 the new 60-meter hill at Anderson Farm was built and opened on February 8, 1948. In 1949, even Petter Hugsted, the Olympic champion of St. Moritz in 1948, jumped there, ringing in an era with regular international competition cups. In the 1950s, more than 10,000 spectators came to the major competitions on Anderson Hill. In 1952 and 1960, the US team also completed its Olympic preparation there.
As the previous hill was exhausted in terms of jumping distance and spectator capacity, in 1960 the Snowflake Ski Club bought the area of ​​the Volden Farm in Timber Coulee in order to build a 90-meter hill.

to top

Hill records K60 (Men):

to top

Competitions:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com