Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-06-25

NOR-34Bagn

2024-06-24

NOR-34Tisleidalen

2024-06-23

NOR-06Nesbyen

2024-06-22

NOR-06Nesbyen

2024-06-21

NOR-46Voss

2024-06-20

NOR-46Oppheim

2024-06-19

CRODelnice

NOR-46Vik i Sogn

2024-06-18

FIN-LSTampere

FIN-ESVihti   NEW!

FIN-ESKerava   NEW!

NOR-46Vangsnes

FIN-ISIisalmi   NEW!

FIN-ESHyvinkää

FIN-ESLahti   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



USAUSA-WINiagara

Data | History | Links | Map | Comments

.

Wodenka Hill:

K-Point: 40 m
Tower height: 13.7 m
Coordinates: 45.775847, -88.003287 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
K-Point: 20 m
Coordinates: 45.776154, -88.003341 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1938
Conversions: 1954
Year of destruction: ca. 1975
Status: destroyed
Coordinates: 45.775847, -88.003287 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

In Niagara, a neighboring town of Iron Mountain, the construction of a ski jump on Wodenka Hill began in 1937 under the direction of Herb Peterson. In 1938 the wooden hill could be opened, with Peterson making the inaugural jump. The annual competitions held until 1950 attracted up to 1,500 spectators. In 1942, Torger Tokle and Art Devlin even came to Niagara to prepare for the Pine Mountain competition.
In the summer of 1954, the decaying wooden tower was replaced by a steel structure, which was erected on a budget of only $2,200 from 11 electricity pylons in voluntary work. A floodlight system for night jumping was also installed. With the expansion of alpine skiing activities, however, the interest in ski jumping decreased and so the hill was dismantled after 1975.

to top

Links:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com