Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-07-15

AUT-SNeukirchen am Großvenediger

USA-MEFort Fairfield

2024-07-14

FIN-ISTohmajärvi

FIN-ISVarkaus

GER-SNEbersbach-Neugersdorf

GER-BWDobel

GER-BWDegenfeld

NOR-02Sætre   NEW!

NOR-50Lundamo   NEW!

NOR-46Leikanger   NEW!

NOR-46Voss   NEW!

NOR-08Dalen   NEW!

FIN-ESVääksy

FIN-LLVanttausjärvi   NEW!

FIN-LLYlitornio

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



USAUSA-WIIola

School House

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Links | Map | Comments

.

School House Ski Hill:

K-Point: 10 m
Men Winter Hill record: 12.2 m (41 ft) (M. Grenli USA, 1910-01-30)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1910
Operating until: ca. 1915
Ski club: Iola Winter Sports Club
Coordinates: 44.507285, -89.135444 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

1910 was the year of the founding of the Iola Winter Sports Club and since this club has been belong to the ones in Wisconsin fancying ski jumping. In the history of the ski club, there were many ski jumps that were built over different periods of time. In 1910, the first ski jumping hill was set up with School House Ski Hill. Then, in 1911 the new jumping Slaughterhouse Hill and Fleck’s Hill in Scandinavia were constructed. In 1914 Knutson Hill, which allowed jumps of more than 20 m, was built. In 1942 a storm destroyed the inrun tower of the Gale Wreck New Hope Slide, which had only been built in the same year. Since 1949/50 Hogback Hill had been jumped on for a long time, until the K45 and K25 ski jumps at Norseman Hill were set up in 1983/84.
The first competition on School House Ski Hill took place on January 30, 1910. More than 1000 spectators saw the winner of the day, M. Grenli, with a jump of 40.5 feet. On February 27th, 1910 another competition took place on the ski jump near the former high school, but from the following winter onwards, the competitions were moved to the newly built ski jump at the slaughterhouse (Slaughterhouse Hill). School House Ski Hill continued to be used for training for a few of years.

to top

Contact:

to top

Links:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com