|54.0 m (Robert Mösching , 1978-08-06)
|54.0 m (Hansjörg Sumi , 1978-08-06)
|Year of construction:
|Year of destruction:
|Verein Bernischer Trockensprungschanzen
|46.78026, 7.40752 ✔
When reconstruction of the old ski jump at Selital was justed finished, in 1959 the idea came up to build a new jump with plastic covering among members of VBTS. The preparations, the planning of the location, the construction and the financing took a very long time and due to the initiative of the guys from Rüschegg the first Swiss plastic covered ski jumping hill could be opened at Heubach in 1963. The PVC mattings were provided by Italian company SAIR and installed by the ski club members.
Named after the talented ski jumper Peter Wenger from the club, who unfortunately died in an accident in 1961, the ski jump had been used very frequently for many years with up to four competitions per year. Due to the increasing cost of operation and maintenance the Swiss federal association for physical exercise took over the sponsorship of the jump in 1968, later it was taken over by the Swiss Ski Association. When the project "Nordic Ski Center" at Kandersteg was realized in 1979 with three modern plastic covered hills, the days of Peter-Wenger-Schanze were over and with the remote location the abandonment was sealed.
The ski jumping tradition of the club was not given up and later continued with the construction of Gurtenschanzen at Bern.