Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-06-16

POL-NGołdap

POL-NWilkasy

POL-BBiałystok

POL-SWisła

POL-DLubawka

POL-DLubawka

POL-KJawornik

POL-DJelenia Góra

POL-DŚwieradów-Zdrój

GER-THBad Klosterlausnitz

POL-DKarpacz

POL-DKarpacz

POL-SWisła

POL-SWisła

POL-SŻywiec

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



RUSRUS-PNizhniy Novgorod Ни́жний Но́вгород

Kuznechikha

Data | History | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Kuznechikha (Кузнечи́ха):

K-Point: 35 m
Further jumps: K20, K15, K5
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1976
Status: out of order
Coordinates: 56.281031, 44.031843 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

In Nizhny Novgorod (from 1932 to 1990, the city was known as Gorky), ski jumping began to gain popularity among the youth even before World War II. One of the popular places for practicing this sport was the ravine at the Shchelkovskaya farm in the village of Kuznechikha. It is known that a snow ski jump functioned there, on the basis of which a more permanent structure was later built. Local skiers themselves initiated the construction of simple snow structures that they used for training. They quickly began to achieve success in Nordic combined as well, with Vasily Glasson winning national competitions in 1934 and Mikhail Zhukov becoming the USSR champion in 1938.
Kuznechikha later became a district of the city. In 1976, a sports complex was built there, consisting of four ski jumps ranging in size from 5 to 35 meters. The facilities were likely used only for training purposes, but this did not last long, as they were abandoned in the 1990s. Currently, the complex is completely deserted and deteriorating, although the metal structures of the inrun towers are still standing.

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com