Recent news:

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-04-20

FIN-LLPosio

SLOŽibrše   NEW!

SLOBrezovica pri Ljubljani   NEW!

SLOAmbrus   NEW!

2024-04-19

NOR-34Kolbu   NEW!

NOR-38Sandefjord   NEW!

FIN-OLPudasjärvi

NOR-34Løten   NEW!

NOR-34Engerdal   NEW!

2024-04-18

GER-BYOberreute   NEW!

NOR-42Bykle   NEW!

NOR-38Porsgrunn   NEW!

SLOLjubljana

AUT-KVillach

SLOLjubljana

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



NORNOR-30Jevnaker

Haugeråsen

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Haugerkollen:

K-Point: 55 m
Men Winter Hill record: 59.0 m (Georg Bergendal NOR)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1926
Conversions: 1945
Operating until: 1961
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Jevnaker IF
Coordinates: 60.232972, 10.431604 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

In the mid-1920's, there was a great demand in Jevnaker for a new ski jumping hill. Gunnar Baskerud was the main activist in this case, who searched for an appropriate location and found it at the edge of the forest in Haugeråsen. Only some pieces of coal needed to be removed and a nice natural hill was there. At the time of its construction, the hill was one of the biggest ski jumps in the whole country - and frequently used until World War II.
After the war, the hill was reactivated very quickly, basically due to the construction of a 24 meter high wooden inrun tower. From 1946 on, the so-called Krystallrennet took place annually. Even though quite a few well-known jumper were on the hill, for instance at the national junior championships in 1954, the hill record was set by a local jumper, Georg Bergendal. Rumors even said, he jumped almost 80 meters.
Until its closing in 1961, the ski jump remained very popular. Shortly afterwards, the inrun tower had to be demolished due to its poor condition. Until today, some fundaments of the tower remained.

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com