Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-07-15

AUT-SNeukirchen am Großvenediger

USA-MEFort Fairfield

2024-07-14

FIN-ISTohmajärvi

FIN-ISVarkaus

GER-SNEbersbach-Neugersdorf

GER-BWDobel

GER-BWDegenfeld

NOR-02Sætre   NEW!

NOR-50Lundamo   NEW!

NOR-46Leikanger   NEW!

NOR-46Voss   NEW!

NOR-08Dalen   NEW!

FIN-ESVääksy

FIN-LLVanttausjärvi   NEW!

FIN-LLYlitornio

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



NORNOR-15Fjord

Valldal

Data | History | Hill records | Links | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Heggelibakken:

K-Point: 55 m
Men Winter Hill record: 58.5 m (Kjartan Lilleås NOR, 1952)
Tower height: 18 m
Inrun length: 80 m
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1934
Conversions: 1946
Year of destruction: 1989
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Valldal IL
Coordinates: 62.329539, 7.384942 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

For many years, Valldal IL did not have a proper ski jumping hill. This changed in 1932, when teacher Petter Waldal returned to the village as a pensioner. Waldal was a huge ski jumping fan and motivated his fellow citizens for his project. Within two years and without any costs, the activists built Heggelibakken. Especially the 80-meter-long and 18-meter-high inrun tower was simply outstanding. Not only due to its size, but also because there were four guest rooms inside.
The spectacular facility quickly became very popular and was inaugurated during the Norwegian National Championships in 1934, which was a huge honor. Sverre Lislegård stood the first hill record of 53 meters in this event. In 1946, the ski jump was renovated and slightly enlarged. This also allowed Kjartan Lilleås to jump a new and final hill record of 58,5 meters in 1952.
With the years, the wooden construction became older, outdated and also started to rod. The ski jump head was finally demolished in 1989 and only a few remnants are left.

to top

Hill records K55 (Men):

to top

Links:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com