4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive
7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!
New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated
Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag
Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured
2026-08-16
2026-08-15
2026-08-14
2026-08-13
2026-08-12
2026-08-11
2026-08-10
2026-08-09
2026-08-08
2026-08-07
2026-08-06
2026-08-05
2026-08-04
Advertisement:
Partner:




Haugesund
.
| K-Point: | ca. 20 m |
Hill record: |
22.0 m (Asbjørn Saltvedt ) |
| Further jumps: | no |
| Plastic matting: | no |
| Year of construction: | 1958 |
| Year of destruction: | ca. 1965 |
| Status: | destroyed |
| Coordinates: | 59.411048, 5.281888 ✔
![]() |
The ski jump on Hollenderhaugen Hill in Haugesund was built in the second half of the 1950s as part of the recreational revitalization of the area. Earlier, in the 1930s, work had already begun to transform the hill into a city park. However, during World War II, the area was occupied by German forces, who constructed anti-aircraft defense positions and erected residential barracks there. Barbed wire fences were placed around the entire hill, and throughout the occupation the area remained closed to civilians.
After the war, the hill returned to civilian use, and in July 1951 it was officially opened as a city park. Soon afterward, on the initiative of lector Ådne Øvland and local youth activists, work began on constructing a small ski jump. The wooden structure was built on the southern slope of Hollenderhaugen, featuring a natural landing hill and a makeshift inrun tower.
The official opening of the ski jump took place on January 31, 1958, and the facility was named Hollenderkollen. During the inaugural competition organized by the local scout association, 61 young athletes — boys aged 11 to 16 — took part. The event attracted around 1,200 spectators. The first jump was made by lector Ådne Øvland, who achieved a distance of 8.5 meters. In the following years, the hill hosted local competitions; the hill record was set by Asbjørn Saltvedt in 1959 with a jump of 22 meters.
Although the events enjoyed great popularity and the hill drew many spectators, the ski jump was in operation for only a few seasons. Changing winter conditions, increasingly mild winters, and the lack of proper technical maintenance led to a gradual decline in activity. In the early 1960s, the facility was no longer used, and the wooden structure was dismantled.
Today, fragments of the ski jump’s stone foundation and the outline of the former landing slope can still be seen in Hollenderhaugen Park. Remnants of wartime fortifications are also visible in the area. Nowadays, Hollenderhaugen serves as a green recreational space in the city center, and the memory of the ski jump lives on through archival photographs and the recollections of local residents.
Map:Advertisement:
Post comment: