4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive
7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!
New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated
Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag
Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured
2026-08-10
2026-08-09
2026-08-08
2026-08-07
2026-08-06
2026-08-05
2026-08-04
2026-08-03
2026-08-02
2026-08-01
2026-07-31
2026-07-30
Advertisement:
Partner:




Vestfossen
.
| K-Point: | ca. 45 m |
| Further jumps: | no |
| Plastic matting: | no |
| Year of construction: | 1900's |
| Operating until: | ca. 1960 |
| Status: | destroyed |
| Ski club: | Vestfossen IF |
| Coordinates: | 59.736160, 9.888380 ✔
![]() |
Smørgravbakken (Smørgrav) was a ski jumping hill located near the Smørgrav farm, to the north-east of Vestfossen (Øvre Eiker). It is regarded as the first known ski jumping hill used by Vestfossen Idrettsforening (and earlier also by Vestfossen Skiforening). The earliest press reference to competitions held at the venue dates from 1907. Around 1915, Skarrabakken took over the role of the main ski jumping hill in the local area; however, in 1934 Smørgravbakken was brought back into use due to difficult wind conditions at Skarrabakken. A disadvantage of Smørgravbakken was that the outrun crossed a public road, which became an increasing problem as automobile traffic grew; the hill remained in use until around 1960. According to local sources, the hill record was approximately 50 metres (without a confirmed record holder).
Map:Advertisement:
Post comment: