Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2026-08-15

NOR-46Bergen

2026-08-14

ROURâșnov

2026-08-13

ROUPredeal

2026-08-12

ROUPoiana Brașov

2026-08-11

ROUOdorheiu Secuiesc

2026-08-10

ROUMiercurea Ciuc

2026-08-09

ROUVatra Dornei

2026-08-08

ROUBorșa

2026-08-07

ROUValea Strâmbă

ROUSăcele

2026-08-06

ROUSăcele

2026-08-05

ROURâșnov

2026-08-04

POL-KBogdanówka

POL-SPszczyna

2026-08-03

POL-PCzarnków

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum

ITABalme

dell’Arculà

Data | History | Map | Comments

.

Trampolino dell’Arculà:

K-Point: ca. 30 m
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1924
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Ski Club Balme
Coordinates: 45.300111, 7.203917 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Balme is a small village in the upper part of the Val d’Ala valley in Piedmont, regarded as one of the birthplaces of skiing in Italy. In the early 1920s, the Ski Club Balme was very active here, organizing cross-country races, ski jumping competitions, and downhill events within the championships of the valley and the Piedmont region.
In 1924, on the initiative of local entrepreneur Angelo Guerciotti and the Ski Club Balme, a ski jumping hill named Trampolino dell’Arculà was built on the slopes above today’s Villaggio Albaron. The hill was partially reshaped, and a small stone retaining wall was constructed near the take-off. In surviving correspondence, Guerciotti described the facility as inspired by the ski jump in Chamonix. In the following years, Balme hosted numerous regional events, including the Campionato Sci Valle di Lanzo and the Piedmont championships, whose programmes also featured ski jumping competitions.
In the second half of the 1920s, the municipality of Balme began to further develop its sports infrastructure. By municipal resolution in 1928, construction began on a second ski jumping hill on communal land in the Ghieri area, right next to the distinctive rock formation Rocca S.A.R.I.. This facility, known as Trampolino della Ghieri, was completed and ceremonially opened with a ski jumping competition on 30 March 1930. The inaugural event was won by local jumper Pietro “L’Aria” Castagneri.
Both ski jumps served primarily for local and regional competitions and no longer exist today.

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2026
www.skijumpinghills.com