Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-05-23

POL-DSzklarska Poręba

RUS-DMagadan

2024-05-22

FIN-LLSalla   NEW!

FIN-OLSotkamo   NEW!

ISLHveradalir

SWE-31Ambjörby   NEW!

SWE-31Ambjörby   NEW!

SWE-33Arvidsjaur   NEW!

SWE-33Lycksele

SWE-33Lycksele   NEW!

SWE-31Järvsö   NEW!

SWE-32Mellansel   NEW!

SWE-32Funäsdalen

SWE-31Särna   NEW!

2024-05-21

SWE-33Älvsbyn   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-THSchmiedefeld

Stänglichswand

Data | History | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Schmittfeller-Schanze am Stänglich:

K-Point: 25 m
Further jumps: K15
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1929
Year of destruction: 1963
Status: destroyed
Ski club: WSV Schmiedefeld
Coordinates: 50.618368, 10.811148 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Ski jumping at Schmiedefeld am Rennsteig was historically mentioned for a first time on a jumping hill at Gersgrund in 1910. After World War II two sports clubs were founded at Schmiedefeld, "Sportclub" and "Sportclub Edelweiß", and with their unification and the founding of "Wintersportvereinigung" in 1929 also the construction of a ski jumping hill had started.
The inauguration of "Schanze am Stänglich" took place on February 23, 1930, with a competition on the junior hill in the morning and a double-jump on the larger hill by the youngsters Häuser and Eichhorn in the afternoon. The inrun structure was made from wood, the take-off was quite high and the natural landing hill ran over the small creek "Nahe".
Schmittfeller-Schanze was reactivated after World War II and with the 2nd winter sports championships the districts of Suhl, Rostock and Neubrandenberg determined their pupil's champions in ski jumping in 1954. The two northern districts had a total of 223 participants and Suhl alone 225 participants! An unbelievable number of particpants for today's conditions! 50 percent of the ski jumpers had falls and thus hopeless rankings.
The ski jumping hill existed unitll March 1963, when the last competitions were held.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com