Recent news:

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!

Latest updates:











CZE-LJablonec nad Jizerou




CZE-HNová Paka

CZE-LLomnice nad Popelkou


CZE-LHodkovice nad Mohelkou




Peter Riedel Sports Technology

Skispringen-Community Forum



Data | History | Hill records | Competitions | Contact | Links | Map | Photo gallery | Comments



Hill Size: HS 68
K-Point: 62 m
Men Summer Hill record: 68.0 m (Stefan Pieper GER, 1996-08-30)
Women Summer Hill record: 68.5 m (Daniela Iraschko-Stolz AUT, 2004-08-15)
Take-off angle: 10.5°
Landing angle: 35.5°
Coordinates: 51.097247, 7.649895 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
K-Point: 37 m
Men Summer Hill record: 37.0 m (Michael Zachrau GER, 2004-08-27)
37.0 m (Matti Sommer GER, 2022-10-10)
Women Summer Hill record: 37.0 m (Anja Tepeš SLO, 2002-09-07)
37.0 m (Svenja Würth GER, 2005-08-13)
37.0 m (Manja Pograjc SLO, 2005-08-14)
Coordinates: 51.097278, 7.650491 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: K12
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1957
Conversions: 1982, 2002, 2007, 2013
Status: operating
Ski club: SK Meinerzhagen
Coordinates: 51.097247, 7.649895 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top


In 1912 the first ski jumping hill was constructed at Schlammsack, a very steep slope on the border of the town. Until the beginning of World War I there had been some competitions, which were increasing after 1919.
Then in 1925 a new ski jumping hill was built, enlarged step by step until 1930’s and attended thousands of spectators travelling which special trains to the competitions. In 1931/32 the construction of a youth ski jumping hill was made and on the large hill distances of up to 36 m were reached. In 1946 the hills were reconstructed and with changing winters Meinerzhagen became an up-rising ski jumping location of Western Germany in 1950’s.
The ski club’s decision to construct a new larger ski jumping hill was realized in 1957. Due to a lack of snow the Meinhardus-Schanze K50 with its 35 meters high inrun tower was inaugurated in 1958. Until autumn 1962 the smaller plastic covered hill K30 was built up and then the complete German ski jumping national team took part in the opening competition. Only two years later the larger ski jump was opened as the largest plastic covered hill K60 of whole Federal Republic. Until 1976 yearly international competitions on plastic mattings with an excellent reputation were hosted.
After that the ski jump was demolished according to new FIS hill standards and the plans for a complete new-construction were made. In July 1982 the new hill with modernized profile, steel-made inrun tower and plastic covering was opened. Since the jump has not only been used by the ski club, but also WSV and DSV, as well as the Dutch ski jumping National Team.
In 2002 the largest hill has been covered with new plastic mattings and the outrun was adapted according to FIS norms. International Ladies Tournaments had been sports highlights at Meinerzhagen during mid 2000's. In 2007 the wooden inrun tower of medium K37 hill was destructed and replaced by a steel-made structure. Furthermore the landing hill and outrun of K37 and K12 were modernized in 2012-2013.

to top

Hill records K37 (Men):

to top

Hill records K37 (Women):

to top


to top


to top


to top


to top

Photo gallery:


to top


Post comment:

bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

3)   wrote on 2021-02-01 at 08:57:

@Andreas Reiter

Hallo Herr Reiter,
wenn Sie auf Foto-Galerie > Weitere Fotos klicken finden Sie dort einige Bilder des alten Holzturms aus den 50er und 60er Jahren.
Viele Grüße!

2)   Andreas Reiter   wrote on 2021-01-31 at 15:20:

Damalige Holzkonstruktion der Schanze

komme aus Kierspe bin 1960 geboren und kann mich als Kind erinnern, das die Schanze mal aus Holz gebaut war. Für mich als kleiner Stöppke war das so beeindruckend, dass ich immer wieder mit meinem Vater auch in den Sommermonaten hingefahren bin. Für mich kam es wie der Eiffelturm vor. Jahre später musste sie ja erneuert werden. Leider kann ich keine Bilder finden. Vielleich hab ich auch nicht lange genug gesucht. Gibt es noch Bilder? Ich wünsche euch viel Erfolg bei dem Betrieb der Schanze und passt auf euch auf. :)

1)   Denis Martel   wrote on 2019-05-20 at 22:17:


was there with the Canadian jumping team as a member of the team for treaning camp un fall 1972 greats memories

to top

Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024