Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!

Latest updates:


FIN-ISVinska   NEW!




USA-VTBradford   NEW!

USA-MALancaster   NEW!

USA-ILDerinda   NEW!

USA-NYHarrison   NEW!



GER-BYWackersberg   NEW!

GER-BYEttal   NEW!

GER-BYAltusried   NEW!


SWE-32Östersund   NEW!




Peter Riedel Sports Technology

Skispringen-Community Forum


GERGER-BYReit im Winkl

Data | History | Hill records | Competitions | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments



Hill Size: HS 93
K-Point: 90 m
Men Winter Hill record: 101.0 m (Thomas Thurnbichler AUT, 2003-02-26)
Take-off angle: 11°
Landing angle: 35.5°
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1923
Conversions: 1937, 1947, 1966, 1990
Status: out of order
Coordinates: 47.665048, 12.483197 Google Maps OpenStreetMap


K-Point: 57 m
Men Summer Hill record: 64.0 m (Jure Bogataj SLO, 1998-07-29)
Women Summer Hill record: 53.0 m (Sonja Wurzrainer AUT, 2001-08-22)
53.0 m (Katrin Stefaner AUT, 2001-08-22)
Year of construction: 1982
Status: out of order
Coordinates: 47.665090, 12.482748 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Hill Size: HS 30
K-Point: 30 m
Men Summer Hill record: 35.5 m (Dustin Allerstdorfer AUT, 2007-09-25)
35.5 m (Stefan Sölkner AUT, 2007-09-25)
Women Summer Hill record: 30.0 m (Christina Halla AUT, 2017-09-16)
Year of construction: 1974
Conversions: 1992
Coordinates: 47.665082, 12.482248 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Hill Size: HS 18
K-Point: 18 m
Men Winter Hill record: 23.0 m (Florian Vonderthann GER, 2000-03-25)
Men Summer Hill record: 21.5 m (Felix Brieden GER, 2017-09-16)
21.5 m (Tymoteusz Cienciała POL, 2017-09-16)
Women Summer Hill record: 20.5 m (Sara Pokorny AUT, 2019-06-29)
20.5 m (Sara Pokorny AUT, 2019-06-29)
Year of construction: 1969
Conversions: 1992
Coordinates: 47.665163, 12.482187 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: K10 (HS10)
Plastic matting: yes
Spectator capacity: 17,000
Year of construction: 1923
Status: operating
Ski club: WSV Reit im Winkl
Coordinates: 47.665048, 12.483197 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top


In the year of 1921 the “Wintersportverein Reit im Winkl e.V.” was founded. The fascination for ski jumping was gigantic and consequently competitions in cross-country skiing, ski jumping and downhill were introduced. The architect Bruno Biehler jumped 15 m over a dirt hill in 1922, a great distance for the conditions at that time. In the years 1923/24 the first Steinbach ski jumping hill, the later Franz-Haslberger-Schanze, was constructed by Biehler. It allowed jumps up to 45 meters. This was the founding stone of ski jumping competitions at Reit im Winkl.
Then the great time of the ski jumper Franz Haslberger followed in 1930's. He was member of the German National Team, was participant of the Olympics and was the first guy from Reit im Winkl who became German champion in ski jumping. At that time he was the only Central-European to compete with the Scandinavians with his 4th place at Holmenkollen. The Steinbach-Schanze was enlarged into a 60 meter hill in 1937 and dedicated to Franz Haslberger in 1939.
The German championships in nordic skiing were a great challenge and test for Reit im Winkl in 1950. These championships were attended by 17,000 spectators and the press wrote of "wonderful days at Reit im Winkl". In advance the already 1947 rebuilt K65 ski jump was equipped with a new judges tower and a grand stand made of steel pipes for 3,000 spectators.
An additional junior hill with floodlights was build up near the public swimming pool in 1951. The wooden inrun of Haslbergerschanze was replaced by a steel-construction in 1957.
In 1966 the international competition for the "Germany Shield" was organized and for the DM, which was moved from Willingen short-term, the Haslberger-Schanze was enlarged onto K68 for 165.000 DM. In the following years many international nordic competitions were organized at Reit im Winkl and a short-term DM hosted once again in 1972. The 1969 built plastic covered hill and the additional junior hill K28, which was added in 1974, were well-frequented. The K57 plastic covered Steinbach-Schanze was constructed in 1982 and inaugurated with an international event.
The international Nordic skiing competitions were upgraded to important World Cup events. Up till now ther have been more than 40 World Cup competitions of cross-country skiing and Nordic Combination there.
The traditional “Franz Haslberger Schanze” was enlarged into a typical K90 normal size hill and in early March 1991 the “Nordic Juniors World Championships” could be hosted only with great efforts of the supporters, because of a lack of snow. Therefore the not yet completely modernized jump was homologated as an intermediate K86 and only finalized as K90 in 1995. The two smaller plastic covered hills were modernized in 1992. Since 1993 there has also been “Löwenbräu-Cup” as a yearly top address in ski jumping. Until 2004 the world’s best Nordic combined came to Reit im Winkl every year for the “Warsteiner Grand Prix of Germany”.
Ski jumper Thomas Klauser from Reit im Winkl only narrowly failed a medal at the Olympics 1988 at Calgary with his fourth place, but he was several times German champion!

to top

Hill records K90 (Men):

to top

Hill records K57 (Men):

to top

Hill records K57 (Women):

to top

Hill records K30 (Men):

to top

Hill records K30 (Women):

to top

Hill records K18 (Men):

to top

Hill records K18 (Women):

to top


to top


to top


to top

Photo gallery:


to top


Post comment:

bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

2)   Bettina Zopf   wrote on 2012-08-20 at 17:30:

K57 Schanze

Ist die K57 Schanze im Sommer in Betrieb?

1)   Marvin   wrote on 2011-09-14 at 13:56:

Laut Angaben ist die K90 eine Sommerschanze!
Ansonsten ist es eine Super Webseite!!!

to top

Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024