|29.0 m (Hartmut Speer )
|Year of construction:
Since 1947 there has been the skiing section of the Alpine Club of Mindelheim and its teenagers started ski jumping on a small natural jump in a sand pit below the forest at the castle mountain.
The request of the skiing department for the construction of a ski jump in 1949 could only be realized six years later. According to plans of Heini Klopfer from Oberstdorf a 10 meters high pipe-construction was set up as inrun and only little soil works had to be done for the landing hill. 2000 gathered around the ski jumping hill on February 27, 1955, in order to attend the opening competition with around 30 jumpers from the lower Allgaeu.
The ski jump was used until 1965, whereby it was set up at the beginning of each winter season and the removed again in spring. The annual competition around the carnival period was called “Franz Peter memorial competition” from on 1958 onwards, in order to remember the deceased form club president. There were even plans for the construction of a larger ski jump down from the Mindelburg on the Schwabenwiese, but the interest of sportsmen declined and shifted towards Alpine skiing with the construction of many lifts in the Allgaeu. The inrun tower was later on deconstructed, transported to Kempten and set up there.