Recent news:

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-02-23

RUS-PBerezniki

RUS-SZRoshchino

GER-BWAdelmannsfelden

AUT-KVillach

2024-02-22

GER-BYRastbüchl

NOR-15Kristiansund

GER-HEBermuthshain

NOR-38Morgedal

NOR-34Lesja

NOR-30Krokstadelva

NOR-54Kvæfjord

NOR-42Kristiansand

NOR-42Kristiansand

AUT-KVillach

GER-SNStöckigt

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-BYFüssen

Kobel

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Kobelschanze:

K-Point: 95 m
Men Winter Hill record: 94.0 m (Sepp Weiler BRD, 1949)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1949
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Ski-Club Füssen
Coordinates: 47.566148, 10.674677 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

After World War II the ski jumper and jump constructor form Oberstdorf Heini Klopfer wanted to build in Füssen at Kobel, a hill at the west end of the city, the largest ski jumping hill in Germany.
1947 the ski club Füssen started very fast to put this plan into reality. Due to the great work and uncountable hours of work of the members it was possible to finish the construction. With a competition on 6th January 1949, watched by 25,000 spectators and the presence of TV and radio stations, the “mammut hill” was opened with a big celebration. The opening jump was made by Heini Klopfer himself and great highlight of the event was finally the new German record of 94 m, set up by Sepp Weiler.
In the following years more fantastic competitions took place, but step by step it was getting calm around the hill. At the end of the 50’s the last competition took place. An effort to rebuild the Kobelschanze in the 70’s failed because of financial reasons. Today, the ski jump at Bad Faulenbach, which was first built in 1922, is still active.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

1)   Helmut   wrote on 2013-05-18 at 18:45:

Super

Schon Imposant zu damaliger zeit. Und immer noch zu begutachten. Es wachsen dort keine Bäume. Links vom Eisstadieon.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com