4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive
7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!
New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated
Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag
Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured
2026-02-12
2026-02-11
2026-02-10
2026-02-09
2026-02-08
2026-02-07
2026-02-06
2026-02-05
2026-02-04
2026-02-03
2026-02-02
2026-02-01
2026-01-31
2026-01-30
2026-01-29
Advertisement:
Partner:




Stará Ves u Rýmařova
.
| K-Point: | 50 m |
Hill record: |
55.0 m |
| Further jumps: | no |
| Plastic matting: | no |
| Year of construction: | 1928 |
| Status: | destroyed |
| Ski club: | Schneelaufverein Römerstadt |
| Coordinates: | 49.965542, 17.247883 ✔
![]() |
The ski jump in Stará Ves u Rýmařova (German name “Sudetenschanze”) was built in 1928 on the slope of today’s Mlýnská Street, in what was then Altendorf near Römerstadt, as a facility used by athletes of the German club Schneelaufverein Römerstadt. According to local sources, its construction was financially supported by the local silk factory owned by the Flemmich family, and the design was prepared by engineer Karel Jarolímek — one of the leading ski jump architects in Czechoslovakia. The hill had a K-point of 50 m, and sources list records of 54.0 m (according to some archives) and 55 m (according to a press and radio report from 1933). As early as 1932, the hill hosted a major sporting event with 33 competitors, including the Norwegian jumper Sigmund Ruud. In February 1933, it was the venue for the championships of the German winter sports clubs, which attracted around 4,500 spectators and were also broadcast on radio — during this competition a distance of 55 m was announced as a new hill record. Earlier, in March 1932, the Norwegian jumper Minken set a 46-metre hill record, as reported by the “Prager Tagblatt”. In the interwar period, the Sudetenschanze was one of the most important ski jumping venues in the Jeseníky region, competing in sporting significance and event prestige with the hills in Karlova Studánka and on Praděd. After World War II, the ski jump lost its importance and was eventually dismantled — today nothing remains of the structure except the terrain shape, with the former slope now overgrown with forest and self-seeded vegetation.
Hill records K50 (Men):
Map:
Photo gallery:Advertisement:
Post comment: