Recent news:

2500 ski jumping facilities now online!

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!

Latest updates:


SUI-01Oberwald   NEW!

CAN-SKDundurn   NEW!


USA-AZFlagstaff   NEW!







NOR-42Vigmostad   NEW!

NOR-42Kvås   NEW!

NOR-42Flekkefjord   NEW!

FRA-MLa Bresse




NOR-34Koppang   NEW!

NOR-34Opphus   NEW!

NOR-15Tresfjord   NEW!




Peter Riedel Sports Technology

Skispringen-Community Forum



Sportovní areál Čerťák

Data | History | Hill records | Competitions | Contact | Town | Links | Map | Photo gallery | Articles | Comments



Hill Size: HS 100
K-Point: 90 m
Men Longest jump: 102.5 m (Viktor Polášek CZE, 2017-01-17, N-CZE)
Men Winter Hill record: 101.5 m (Wilhelm Brenna NOR, 1997)
101.5 m (Paweł Wąsek POL, 2016-02-18)
Men Summer Hill record: 102.5 m (Roman Koudelka CZE, 2006-09-16)
Ladies Winter Hill record: 97.5 m (Julia Clair FRA, 2016-03-11)
Take-off angle: 11°
Landing angle: 34°
Plastic matting: yes
Operating until: 2017
Coordinates: 50.767975, 15.431859 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Hill Size: HS 73
K-Point: 70 m
Men Winter Hill record: 77.0 m (Jan Matura CZE, 1996)
Coordinates: 50.768283, 15.431541 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
K-Point: 40 m
Men Winter Hill record: 43.5 m (František Vaculik CZE, 1999)
Coordinates: 50.768697, 15.431247 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1952
Status: operating
Ski club: TJ Jiskra Harrachov
Coordinates: 50.767975, 15.431859 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top


In Ptacince, a village near Harrachov, in 1922 a jump of a Czech ski club was set up, on which jumps on more than 30 metres were possible. After the later extension of the hill 1927 the German Willy Dick jumped a hill record of 49 m. At the beginning 1930’s they built a new ski jump with a wooden tower not far away in the same valley on which jumps on nearly 70 m were reached. In 1937 a storm destroyed the inrun tower – the damage could not be fixed and so the dilapidated.
At Čertak already in 1920 the first wooden 40 ski jump was built by the efforts of a German hotel owner. Over the years the ski jumping hill was often enlarged and a smaller one was added. Sudeten-German championships, German youth championships and many exclusive international “Teufelsberg-Sprungläufe” (devil’s hill competitions) took place, whereby widths of over 60 or 30 m were reached. 1946 both ski clubs were united and jumping completely moved to Čertak. 1952 both hills were set up newly, but already at that time there were ideas to built a 100 m ski jumping hill.
In 1955 the facility was completely changed. The large hill was profiled into a K70 and the smaller into a K50. Also a new 30 m “pioneer ski jump” was added, which became one year later the first Czech hill with mattings. In the 1970’s this construction was dilapidating and so had to be renewed. In 1979 the facility was opened ceremonious after deep changings. The large hill had become a K90, the middle ski jump a K70 and the small a new K40 ski jumping hill.
The profiles of all three jumps have been actualised up to today, which is a merit of the local ski jump architect J. Slavik, and are still fitting the strict rules of the FIS. 1998 the K90 hill was plastic covered and a ceramic inrun trail installed.

to top

Hill records K90 (Men):

to top


to top


to top


to top


to top


to top

Photo gallery:

to top



to top


Post comment:

bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

3)   korca   wrote on 2021-03-22 at 15:36:


K90 is 100% in service again.

2)   korca   wrote on 2018-05-24 at 22:22:

Harrachov is dying

K90 and K40 are officially closed

1)   360wroclaw   wrote on 2018-05-24 at 09:55:

skocznie zostały zamkniete

skocznie k90, k70 i k40 ( prawdopodobnie ) zostały niestety zamknięte.

to top

Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2021