Recent news:

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

Renovation of Inselbergschanze possible – future Ladies’ World Cups as well?

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-08-10

NOR-46Voss   NEW!

NOR-46Voss   NEW!

NOR-17Fauske   NEW!

NOR-38Rjukan   NEW!

NOR-03Oslo   NEW!

SVKĽubochňa

NOR-11Hå   NEW!

2020-08-09

SVKKremnica

2020-08-08

NOR-42Kristiansand   NEW!

NOR-42Kristiansand   NEW!

GER-SNOberwiesenthal

NOR-38Kodal   NEW!

NOR-38Kodal   NEW!

2020-08-07

NOR-38Kodal   NEW!

NOR-30Hønefoss   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



SVKŠtrbské Pleso

Jarolímek

Data | History | Hill records | Competitions | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Jarolímek:

K-Point: 72.5 m
Men Winter Hill record: 76.5 m
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1926
Conversions: 1934, 1942
Year of destruction: 1962
Status: destroyed
Ski club: TJ Vysoké Tatry

to top

History:

In 1920 the first Czechoslovakian ski championships were organized at Vysoké Tatry (High Tatras) and therefore a small ski jumping hill was set up at Klát. This provisional hill was enlarged into a solid ski jumping hill with wooden inrun in 1923.
With growing enthusiasm for ski jumping at High Tatras ski jump architect Karel Jarolímek constructed a new 50 meter ski jump with an impressing wooden inrun tower at Solisko in the direction of Mlynicka dolina in 1932. There Norway’s Sigmund Ruud set up a hill record of 62 meters, but with the awarding of Nordic Ski World’s of 1935 to Štrbské Pleso and changing hill construction guidelines Jarolímek soon had to convert and enlarge the hill into a 70 meter jump. At WSC 1935 there was a triple victory of Norway with Birger Ruud becoming world champion and Reidar and Alf Andersen standing the longest jumps of 59.5 meters.
In winter 1939/1940 the inrun tower of the jump was seriously damaged and had to be fixed nearly annually in the following years. In 1962 it was finally torn down and already in 1966 the new-construction of the hills for WSC 1970 "MS 1970" started.

to top

Competitions:

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com