Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2023-01-31

SLOSopota

SLOPodbrezje

GER-BYSachrang

2023-01-30

GER-BYTraunstein

2023-01-29

AUT-STMürzzuschlag

2023-01-28

ITABormio

POL-TRuczynów

AUT-KReichenfels

2023-01-27

AUT-STBad Mitterndorf

2023-01-26

GER-BWHinterzarten

AUT-OOBad Goisern

2023-01-25

AUT-SBischofshofen

2023-01-24

AUT-STAflenz

2023-01-23

AUT-STVeitsch

2023-01-22

AUT-STSpital am Semmering

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



USAUSA-WIIola

Slaughter House

Data | History | Contact | Links | Map | Comments

.

Slaughter House Ski Hill:

K-Point: ca. 16 m
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1910
Conversions: 1938
Operating until: ca. 1958
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Iola Winter Sports Club
Coordinates: 44.509551, -89.121022 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

1910 was the year of the founding of the Iola Winter Sports Club and since this club has been belong to the ones in Wisconsin fancying ski jumping. In the history of the ski club, there were many ski jumps that were built over different periods of time. In 1910, the first ski jumping hill was set up with School House Ski Hill. Then, in 1911 the new jumping hills Slaughterhouse Hill and Fleck’s Hill in Scandinavia were constructed. In 1914 Knutson Hill, which allowed jumps of more than 20 m, was built. In 1942 a storm destroyed the inrun tower of the Gale Wreck New Hope Slide, which had only been built in the same year. Since 1949/50 Hogback Hill had been jumped on for a long time, until the K45 and K25 ski jumps at Norseman Hill were set up in 1983/84.
In December 1910 carpenters started building the ski jump east of Iola, opposite the slaughterhouse. The first competitions on Slaughter House Hill took place on January 1st and February 22nd, 1911. The wooden structure, which was impressive by the standards of the time, was used for competitions until 1913. It still served as a training ski jump until 1938, but then the wooden scaffolding was dismantled. In the 1950s, the slope was used as a natural ski jump by young people for a few more years. Today, the site, which is commemorated by a plaque since 2019, sits on the edge of Glacier Wood Golf Course.

to top

Contact:

to top

Links:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2023
www.skijumpinghills.com