|Hill Size:||HS 95|
|Hill record:||99.5 m (327 ft) (Ben Loomis , 2012-01-21)|
|Official hill record:||96.0 m (Miha Kveder , 2014-01-18)|
|Ladies' hill record:||83.0 m (Minami Watanabe , 2017-01-27, L-FIS)|
|83.0 m (Fumika Segawa , 2017-01-27, L-FIS)|
|Year of construction:||1950|
|Ski club:||Eau Claire Ski Club, Flying Eagles|
In 1969 Silver Mine Hill was opened as a 70 meter jump. Before on this terrain the old Hendrickson Hill was standing which had been built up in 1950. Over the years the jump was converted several times and now has a K-Point of nearly 90 meters. Ski jumping has a long tradition in Eau Claire, because already 1890 people used the Third Ward Hill ski jump in Carson Park.
The inrun tower of the ski jump already has an interesting past behind it: Before the Olympics in 1936 it was set up at Ogden Dunes, Indiana, for the Trial competitions, then it came to Rockford, Illinois, and finally to the Hendrickson K61 at Eau Claire. Later it was set up at the new Silver Mine Hill.
On today’s Silver Mine Hill there has been a competition named “Annual Silver Mine Invitational” every year at which a “Long Standing Jump” is made after the normal men’s competition. This record trial, which is usual in some U.S. ski clubs, is an additional voluntary round with large inrun distance for which a special prize is posted. But the longest jump is not counted as an official hill record.
In summer and fall 2012 profound modernization works were carried out on the ski jump. Mainly the drainage system in the lower part of the landing hill should be renewed. Coming along with these measures the whole landing hill was falttened and reshaped. The K-Point was reduced from 87 to 84 meters, and the Hill Size moved to 92 m, but jumps up to 100 m shall still be possible. For the re-opening of Silver Mine Hill the North-American Championships were oragnized on January 18 and 19, 2013.
For the education of younger ski jumpers there is a modern ski jumping facility at Mt. Washington.