Recent news:

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

"A decisive step": Inrun tower of the Rothaus-Schanze to be modernized

Luis on Ski Jumping Hill Tournament: SGP Hinterzarten, Part 2 - Comebacks and lessons

Luis on Ski Jumping Hill Tournament: SGP Hinterzarten - Tradition(s) and novelty

Spectacular new complex in Shchuchinsk inaugurated

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2018-09-19

FIN-OLVuokatti

FIN-OLVuokatti

FIN-LSSeinäjoki

FIN-LSYlöjärvi

GEOBakuriani

BULSamokov

GER-BYWeiler im Allgäu

2018-09-18

SUIWildhaus

GER-BWBlasiwald

AUT-OOHolzleithen

2018-09-13

AUT-TFieberbrunn

NOR-05Lillehammer

NOR-04Elverum

NOR-05Lillehammer

2018-09-12

AUT-VDornbirn

more



Advertisement:





Partner:


Peter Riedel Sports Technology


SkokiPolska.pl


Skispringen-Community Forum

USAUSA-NHGilford

Gunstock Ski Area

Data | History | Hill records | Competitions | Contact | Links | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Torger Tokle Memorial Ski Jump:

K-Point: 87 m
Men Winter Hill record: 90.0 m (Toby Whitman USA, 2001-01-28)
Status: out of order

Gunstock Ski Jumps:

K-Point: 50 m
Men Winter Hill record: 53.0 m (Jonathan Kling USA, 2002-02-03)
Status: destroyed
K-Point: 18 m
Conversions: 2013, 2015
Further jumps: K7
Status: operating
Year of construction: 1935
Conversions: 1976
Further jumps: K26
Status: out of order
Plastic matting: no
Ski club: Gunstock Nordic Association, Gunstock Mountain Historic Preservation Society

to top

History:

With the inauguration of the new 60-meter jump in February 1937 until early 1940's huge crowds flocked to watch jumping competitions at the Belknap Mountains Recreation Area in Gilford, NH, known today as Gunstock Mountain Resort. The ski jumping hill was built by Hussey Manufacturing Company of North Berwick from summer 1935 onwards.
Norwegian immigrant Torger Tokle set the hill record of 251 ft. (76.5 m) on "his" ski jump in 1941, a record that stood for 35 years until the enlargement of the hill. The jump was named in memory of Tokle in March, 1946, after he was killed during the Italian Campaign of World War II one year before.
The two smaller hills were already added in 1937-38, while K50 was constructed in 1949. After the larger hill was enlarged in 1976, the Gunstock Ski Area had been in use with all four hills K87, K50, K26 and K18 until 2004. Since the heritage of Torger Tokle was about to dilapidate, "Gunstock Mountain Historic Preservation Society" has taken over the preservation of the ski jumpings hills in 2009. Already for the 70th anniversary of Torger Tokle's record jump on March 9, 2011, the large jump was rededicated to him and a memorial sign board installed. The modernization of the jumping hills for more than 1 million Euro started in 2012.

to top

Competitions:

to top

Contact:

to top

Links:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link
1)   Achim Steinbrueck   wrote on 2013-09-19 at 13:50:

President, Gunstock Mountain Preservation Society

We have begun the long process of rebuilding the 4 ski jumps to FIS standards, so that we can use them again.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2018
www.skijumpinghills.com