|Tower height:||52 m|
|Inrun length:||79 m|
|Year of construction:||1936|
|Status:||out of order|
|Ski club:||Nansen Ski Club|
The 1872 founded Nansen Ski Club is the oldest one of the United States and was one of the most famous clubs of the whole country in 1920’s. So already in this time a ski jumping hill was built, on which distances of up to 40 meters could be jumped. In 1927 this jump was enlarged into a 45 meter hill.
Then in 1936 the "National Youth Administration" started the construction of “Big Nansen” ski jumping hill at the road to Milan. Two years later the 80 meter hill was inaugurated with the U.S. Olympic Trials. In the following decades many large competitions, tournaments and trials were held on the jump, but then the ski club retained of ski jumping in 1982 and the jump began to dilapidate.
The giant wooden construction of the 52 meter high and 37.5° steep inrun tower has been dilapidating and can no longer be visited since 1990 and now already trees grow on the outrun. In spring 2014 the New Hampshire administration decided to make the hill accessible again anr remove the bushes. It is planned to set up information boards about the historic site and install a viewing platform on the tower - but it is not intended to open it again for ski jumping.