Recent news:

2500 ski jumping facilities now online!

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-10-19

NOR-34Gran   NEW!

NOR-30Drammen   NEW!

2020-10-16

AUT-VEgg

2020-10-15

NOR-34Dovre   NEW!

NOR-38Larvik   NEW!

NOR-54Hammerfest   NEW!

NOR-30Nesodden   NEW!

GER-SNOttendorf-Okrilla   NEW!

GER-SNZwickau

2020-10-14

RUSProkopevsk

RUSRoshchino   NEW!

GER-BWHinterzarten

RUSYakhroma   NEW!

RUSVolkhov

NOR-34Hamar   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



USAUSA-NDMayville

Data | History | Hill records | Links | Map | Comments

.

Goose River Ski Jump (Almlie Hill):

K-Point: 40 m
Men Winter Hill record: 41.1 m (135 ft)
Tower height: 27.4 m
Year of construction: 1935
Conversions: 1936
K-Point: 15 m
Tower height: 5 m
Year of construction: 1920
Conversions: 1921
Operating until: 1985

Golf course Ski Jump:

K-Point: 25 m
Tower height: 15.2 m
Year of construction: 1934
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Goose River Ski Club
Coordinates: 47.498389, -97.324470 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Goose River Ski Club of Mayville was founded in December 1919. On February 22, 1920 the first ski jumping competition was held on a snow jump at Almlie Hill south of Mayville. In the following year, a permanent ski jump with a 5-meter high inrun tower was built. Ski jumping enthusiasm reached its peak in 1930s. First, a new ski jump with a 15-meter high tower was built near today's golf course. Then, in 1935 in the south of Mayville a new, larger ski jump was set up with a 21-meter high tower, which was already enlarged in the following year. A 27-meter high scaffold now allowed jumps of over 40 meters. In the long-term, only the smaller jump at Almlie Hill was used until the ski club dissolved in 1985. Besides the 2 ski jumps, there were also 2 alpine slopes, a toboggan run and a managed ski cabin.

to top

Links:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com