Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-07-15

FIN-ESLammi   NEW!

FIN-LSJoutsa   NEW!

FIN-ESPorvoo

FIN-OLRaahe

FIN-ISAiraksela

FIN-ESHelsinki

FIN-ESLappeenranta   NEW!

AUT-SNeukirchen am Großvenediger

USA-MEFort Fairfield

2024-07-14

FIN-ISTohmajärvi

FIN-ISVarkaus

GER-SNEbersbach-Neugersdorf

GER-BWDobel

GER-BWDegenfeld

NOR-02Sætre   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum

USAUSA-MNWanamingo

Data | History | Map | Comments

.

Hennum Hill Jump:

K-Point: 27 m
Year of construction: 1926

Lund Hill Jump:

K-Point: 22 m
Year of construction: 1927
Conversions: 1960
Coordinates: 44.317742, -92.784183 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Wanamingo Ski Club
Coordinates: 44.317742, -92.784183 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

When ski jumping was part of the Olympic Winter Games for the first time in 1924, the intereset in this kind of sports increased worldwide. This was also the case in a small town in south-eastern Minnesota called Wanamingo, there the Norwegian immigrant Halvor Bjorngård fascinated especially young people for ski jumping in this year. In 1926 this lead to the founding of Wanamingo Ski Club and at the same time the first ski jump was built up at Hennum Hill.
In winter 1927 it was opened, but it existed only for a short time. In spring it was intentionally seriously damaged by unknown vandals and consequently collapsed during a storm. But very idealistic club members built up a new ski jumping hill at the northern slope of Lund Hill by using still usable wooden and iron parts of the old jump.
Attended by a large crowd it was opened in 1928. The distance of the competition’s winner was 28 m at that day. Until 1930’s many competitions were held on the very snow-safe ski jump. At about 1960 the hill was again completely renewed, but in mid 70’s it became quiet around the ski jump and it dilapidated.

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com