Recent news:

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 in full swing!

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

2000 ski jumping facilities in the archive!

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2019-08-19

CHNZhangjiakou

2019-08-18

GER-SNRodewisch

2019-08-17

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-16

ISLSiglufjörður   NEW!

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-15

GER-SNKlingenthal

CZE-LLiberec

2019-08-14

GER-NWNiedersfeld   NEW!

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-13

SLOVelenje

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-12

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-11

NOR-06Vikersund

GER-SNStöckigt   NEW!

CZE-BHořice

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum

USAUSA-MNWanamigo

Data | History | Map | Comments

.

Hennum Hill Jump:

K-Point: 27 m
Year of construction: 1926

Lund Hill Jump:

K-Point: 22 m
Year of construction: 1927
Conversions: 1960
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Wanamigo Ski Club

to top

History:

When ski jumping was part of the Olympic Winter Games for the first time in 1924, the intereset in this kind of sports increased worldwide. This was also the case in a small town in south-eastern Minnesota called Wanamingo, there the Norwegian immigrant Halvor Bjorngård fascinated especially young people for ski jumping in this year. In 1926 this lead to the founding of Wanamigo Ski Club and at the same time the first ski jump was built up at Hennum Hill.
In winter 1927 it was opened, but it existed only for a short time. In spring it was intentionally seriously damaged by unknown vandals and consequently collapsed during a storm. But very idealistic club members built up a new ski jumping hill at the northern slope of Lund Hill by using still usable wooden and iron parts of the old jump.
Attended by a large crowd it was opened in 1928. The distance of the competition’s winner was 28 m at that day. Until 1930’s many competitions were held on the very snow-safe ski jump. At about 1960 the hill was again completely renewed, but in mid 70’s it became quiet around the ski jump and it dilapidated.

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2019
www.skijumpinghills.com