Recent news:

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 in full swing!

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

2000 ski jumping facilities in the archive!

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

"A decisive step": Inrun tower of the Rothaus-Schanze to be modernized

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2019-07-23

GER-BYGarmisch-Partenkirchen

2019-07-22

GER-BYOberstdorf

2019-07-21

NOR-06Kongsberg

JPN-20Hakuba   NEW!

JPN-20Otari   NEW!

JPN-20Otari   NEW!

SWESvanstein

FIN-OLPudasjärvi

CAN-BCVancouver

FIN-ESNurmijärvi   NEW!

FIN-ESKerava   NEW!

FIN-ESHyvinkää

GER-BYOberstdorf

2019-07-20

SVKDobšiná   NEW!

CZE-MRýmařov   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



USAUSA-MIIshpeming

Data | History | Hill records | Competitions | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Suicide Hill:

Hill Size: HS 96
K-Point: 90 m
Men Winter Hill record: 102.0 m (Ferdinand Bader GER, 2003-03-02, COC)
Ladies Winter Hill record: 67.0 m (Karla Keck USA, 1999-03-07)
Take-off angle: 11.5°
Landing angle: 36.5°
Plastic matting: no
Hill Size: HS 66
K-Point: 60 m
Men Winter Hill record: 69.5 m (Adam Loomis USA, 2008-03-01)
Plastic matting: no
Further jumps: K40, K20, K13
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1925
Status: operating
Ski club: Ishpeming Ski Club

to top

History:

Before Suicide Hill jump was built, different areas and jumps were used for ski jumping. The first tournament in Ishpeming took place on February 25th 1882. Since 1887 the annual competition has taken place every year. In the following years ski jumps were constructed with snow and wood. Since people wanted to jump even longer, the facilities became more and more dangerous. People were looking for larger hills and consequently Suicide Hill was opened on February 26 th 1926. The jump got its name when Walter Anderson was injured in 1926 after a fall. First the new name which was created by a local journalist was not so popular at the ski club, but then it rested up until today.
In 1972 the ski jump was renovated and enlarged, the other youth jumps were constructed step by step. K40 and K13 were covered with plastic mattings in 2009.

to top

Competitions:

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link
1)   Frank Keil   wrote on 2017-12-04 at 02:48:

Do you have an event scheduled for this winter 2017/2018? If so, when?
Thnx

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2019
www.skijumpinghills.com