|Hill Size:||HS 133|
|Hill record:||143.5 m (Stefan Thurnbichler , 2009-02-15, COC)|
|Official hill record:||140.0 m (Masahiko Harada , 1996-02-18, WC)|
|Tower height:||54 m|
|Inrun length:||117 m|
|Take-off length:||6.1 m|
|Take-off height:||2 m|
|Year of construction:||1938|
|Further jumps:||K38, K25, K10|
|Ski club:||Kiwanis Ski-Club|
The first artifical ski jumping hill at Iron Mountain was set up at Hemlock Street in 1929. In 1933 the first iron-made jump called Devils’s Hill was constructed at Crystal Lake and inaugurated on January 5, 1934, at the mean time the founding of Kiwanis Ski Club was celebrated.
In 1937 the construction of the ski jumping hill at Pine Mountain was started, 1938 the 156 feet high inrun tower and works on the landing hill were finished. Then in 1939 the first competition was hosted and Bob Roecker from Duluth won over Alf Engen with 257 feet and set up a new American record with this distance.
Since these early days Pine Mountain Jump has been renovated and renewed several time, like digging lower in the outrun in 1948. After a fire in 1977 the inrun structure was renovated and enlarged. Furthermore, for some time there was also a 80-meter normal hill next to the large hill.
In 1996 and 2000 World Cup competitions attended by up to 20,000 spectators were hosted on USA’s largest large hill jump at Iron Mountain, since 2001 a yearly COC competition has taken place on the wind-risky jump.