Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-07-04

AUT-TKitzbühel

GER-NIBraunlage

2022-07-01

SLOJavorovica   NEW!

SWE-22Sjöbo   NEW!

SWE-21Tranås    NEW!

SLODrča   NEW!

ITAPredazzo   NEW!

SWE-23Hindås

POL-KJawornik

USA-UTPark City

FRA-VCourchevel

FRA-VLes Contamines

FRA-ILes Rousses

GER-BYBerchtesgaden

2022-06-30

GER-SNJohanngeorgenstadt

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



USAUSA-IDMcCall

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Links | Map | Comments

.

Little Ski Hill:

K-Point: 60 m
Men Winter Hill record: 64.3 m (211 ft) (Alf Engen NOR, 1946)
Further jumps: K40, K25
Year of construction: 1937
Conversions: 1946
Operating until: ca. 1980
Year of destruction: 1992
Coordinates: 44.928528, -116.159881 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

Blackwell Ranch ski jump:

K-Point: 20 m
Men Winter Hill record: 23.5 m (77 ft) (Shorty Pulsen USA, 1924)
Year of construction: 1924
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Payette Lakes Ski Club
Coordinates: 44.928528, -116.159881 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Snowsports activities began in McCall in the Payette Lakes National Forest as early as the 1920s. The first winter sports festival took place at Blackwell's Ranch in 1924, with ski jumps of over 20 meters being achieved.
The Payette Lakes Ski Club was then founded in 1937 and the "Little Ski Hill" ski area opened in the same year. It included two ski jumping hills suitable for competitions. In 1946, the ski jump was upgraded to a 60-meter hill. Alf Engen jumped the hill record of 211 feet. The ski jumps were heavily used until the 1970s, but after that ski jumping activities died down. In 1991, the wooden inrun tower of the large hill was finally destroyed by a storm.
All of the ski jumps in McCall have vanished, but the alpine ski area and the "Bear Basin Nordic Center" for cross-country skiing and biathlon are still in operation.

to top

Contact:

to top

Links:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com