Recent news:

Another two ski jumps closed: is this the end of ski jumping in Harrachov?

FIS Congress 2018: New future perspectives for Nordic Skiing

Planica 7 – More than just a final

The 38th Forum Nordicum in Klingenthal (Deutschland) - What is important for the Olympic winter?

New summer jumping hills in Ironwood and Red Wing to be constructed by 2019

more



Latest updates:

2018-06-17

CZE-TJablunkov

POL-KChochołów

POL-KZakopane

CZE-LHarrachov   NEW!

CZE-LHarrachov

NOR-04Trysil

POL-DJelenia Góra

POL-KJordanów

SVKBanská Bystrica

POL-KNowy Sącz

POL-DMiędzygórze

POL-KLimanowa

POL-KLimanowa

2018-06-14

SVKTatranská Polianka

POL-KSzczawnica

more




Advertisement:





Partner:


Peter Riedel Sports Technology


SkokiPolska.pl


Skispringen-Community Forum

SVKŠtrbské Pleso

Jarolímek

Data | History | Competitions | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Jarolímek:

K-Point: 72.5 m
Hill record: 76.5 m
Year of construction: 1926
Conversions: 1934, 1942
Further jumps: no
Status: destroyed
Plastic matting: no
Ski club: TJ Vysoké Tatry

to top

History:

In 1920 the first Czechoslovakian ski championships were organized at Vysoké Tatry (High Tatras) and therefore a small ski jumping hill was set up at Klát. This provisional hill was enlarged into a solid ski jumping hill with wooden inrun in 1923.
With growing enthusiasm for ski jumping at High Tatras ski jump architect Karel Jarolímek constructed a new 50 meter ski jump with an impressing wooden inrun tower at Solisko in the direction of Mlynicka dolina in 1932. There Norway’s Sigmund Ruud set up a hill record of 62 meters, but with the awarding of Nordic Ski World’s of 1935 to Štrbské Pleso and changing hill construction guidelines Jarolímek soon had to convert and enlarge the hill into a 70 meter jump. At WSC 1935 there was a triple victory of Norway with Birger Ruud becoming world champion and Reidar and Alf Andersen standing the longest jumps of 59.5 meters.
In winter 1939/1940 the inrun tower of the jump was seriously damaged and had to be fixed nearly annually in the following years. In 1962 it was finally torn down and already in 1966 the new-construction of the hills for WSC 1970 "MS 1970" started.

to top

Competitions:

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:

Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2018
www.skijumpinghills.com