|Hill record:||36.0 m (Andreas Däscher , 1949)|
|Year of construction:||1929|
|Ski club:||SC Riethüsli|
Already on 1929-12-29 the in April 1929 founded Skiclub Riethüsli could inaugurate its ski jumping hill at the southern city border of St. Gallen near Riethüsli station of Appenzell tramways. In spite of thawing and up-coming rain the ski jumping hill which was built in internal labour could be opened and the longest jump was stood with 27 meters.
In the following years improvements to the jump were continuously made. After the elevation of the inrun tower later the demolition and complete reconstruction of the jump followed, the creek crossing in the outrun was renewed and hill floodlights were installed in 1949.
With the first night ski jumping competition at Riethüsli on January 22, 1949 around 1,800 spectators were attracted, among others by the Swiss ski jumping national team participating. At the beginning of 1960’s a jumping trio of brothers in the ski club Mario, Marco and Toni Cecchinato gained a lot of attention belonging to the country’s best ski jumpers. However, the trio won East-Swiss championships in three times, Toni won Uetliberg competition near Zurich three times and there were three broken legs, each of the brothers once. The last competition of Riethüslischanze was finally organized in 1962.
Source: From a newspaper article of St Gallen Tagblatt of 2001-12-27