Recent news:

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 makes progress

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

2000 ski jumping facilities in the archive!

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2019-10-23

GER-STBallenstedt

2019-10-22

SVKPrešov   NEW!

SVKSvit

SVKSabinov   NEW!

NOR-17Stjørdal

NOR-17Stjørdal

CAN-ABRed Deer

RUSKumertau

SUIKandersteg

GER-HEUsseln

GER-STWippra

GER-HEHelsa

2019-10-21

GER-STBenneckenstein

2019-10-20

NOR-19Tromsø

GER-NIWieda

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



SUISaas-Fee

Data | History | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Mischabelschanze:

K-Point: 65 m
Year of construction: 1941

Mischischanze:

K-Point: 48 m
Further jumps: K28
Year of construction: 1938
Conversions: 1977

Biffigschanze:

K-Point: 40 m
Year of construction: 1913
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SC Allalin Saas-Fee

to top

History:

The Ski Club Allalin was founded in 1908 as the first one in Upper Valais. The ski club was named after 4027 m high Allalinhorn looming over Saas-Fee, from which the world’s highest downhill ski race took place twice in 1946 and 1954 with a length of 9 km and height difference of 2227 m!
The first ski jumps at Biffig were around 20 meters long on the first ski jumping hill in 1913. After conversions in the following years longer jumps were made possible and with up-coming Easter ski races and Valais ski jump tournaments in 1930’s, the 28 meter ski jump at Mischi was set up in 1938 and two years later another 42 meters jump was installed beside.
In 1941 the large Mischabelschanze had its premiere. For around 15 years the natural ski jumping hill had been proving itself in the in the most successful times of the ski club with gaining championship titles and representing Swiss colors. Representatively Hand Zurbriggen should be named with his 10th place in Olympic competition of St. Moritz 1948 and Alfons Supersaxo as WSC participant in Lake Placid 1950.
Worth mentioning is also the fact that glacier village Saas-Fee wasn’t connected by a car route until 1951 and could only be reached with a one hour long march from Saas-Grund by foot. Consequently tourism was very restricted, but nevertheless there were several strong athletes in all winter sports disciplines.
In the seventies only one jumping hill was still existing at Mischi which was modernized with a steel-made inrun construction and new-profiled into K48 in 1977. But already in 1984/85 it was de­mo­lished and since alpine skiing has been dominating and still Allalin competitions are part of the ski club’s yearly schedule.

Source: book „75 Jahre Ski-Club Allalin Saas-Fee“

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2019
www.skijumpinghills.com