Recent news:

Luis on Ski Jumping Hill-Tournament: at the team competition in Klingenthal on 22nd of November 2014

Luis on Ski Jumping Hill-Tournament: Go far or go home

Traditional hills under reconstruction – Part 2: Letalnica bratov Gorišek

Traditional hills under reconstruction – Part 1: Kulm ski flying hill

Renovated normal hill in Oberhof inaugurated

more



Latest updates:

2014-12-09

AUT-STBad Mitterndorf

2014-11-16

GER-BYZellerreit   NEW!

GER-BYBruckmühl   NEW!

2014-11-10

SLOPlanica

2014-11-09

SLOPlanica

AUT-VTschagguns

SUIKandersteg

SWEFalun

SWEFalun

SWESysslebäck

2014-10-14

GER-THOberhof

2014-10-11

CZE-TFrenštát pod Radhoštěm

RUSLeninogorsk

2014-10-10

GER-THMasserberg

GER-THMasserberg   NEW!

more



Partner:



Skispringen-Community Forum



Advertisement:


SUIPontresina

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Videos | Comments

.

Bernina-Roseg-Schanze:

K-Point: 80 m
Hill record: 75.0 m (Adolph Badrutt SUI, 1930)
Year of construction: 1925
Further jumps: K40
Status: destroyed
Plastic matting: no
Ski club: SC Bernina Pontresina

to top

History:

In 1907 people in the Engadin started building the Berninaschanze which was opened officially in winter 1912 as a 40 meter hill.
In the 1920’s the decision was made to a new larger ski jump on the left side of Roseg Valley which should make jumps on up to 80 metres possible. In 1925 the Skiclub Pontresina opened the new facility with an international competition. Also in the following years many great events took place and in some winters up to 4 competitions were held. At that time the international competitions in Pontresina were leading ones in Europe according to the jumpers who took part in. In 1928 the Swiss Bruno Trojani was the first ski jumper in Europe to jump more than 70 metres. Even a world record was performed by Adolf Badrutt with 75 m in 1930.
In 1948 the last competition took place on Berninaschanze. After World War II the 40 meter ski jumping hill situated above the train station was still in use until 1960’s.

to top

Hill records K80 (Men):

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:

to top

Videos:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2014
www.skijumpinghills.com