Recent news:

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 in full swing!

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

2000 ski jumping facilities in the archive!

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

"A decisive step": Inrun tower of the Rothaus-Schanze to be modernized

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2019-07-19

JPN-16Oyama

JPN-04Naruko

JPN-15Myōkō Kogen

AUT-OOHöhnhart

JPN-20Otari   NEW!

2019-07-18

AUT-OOHinzenbach

RUSMoskva

2019-07-17

GER-BYRuhpolding

GER-BYGmund am Tegernsee

GER-BEBerlin

NOR-04Hamar

NOR-18Hommelstø

2019-07-16

NOR-10Kristiansand

GER-BEBerlin

2019-07-15

NOR-06Vikersund

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



SUILangenbruck

Erzenberg

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Erzenbergschanze:

K-Point: 90 m
Men Winter Hill record: 84.0 m (Andreas Däscher SUI, 1957)
Further jumps: K41
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1911
Conversions: 1955
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SC Langenbruck

to top

History:

The SCL was founded in 1909. It is one of the oldest ski clubs of Switzerland and also one of the oldest clubs at Langenbruck. The first ski jumping hill at Langenbruck was 1911 built Erica­-Schanze, located behind Hotel Erica. Later the large Erzenbergschanze followed, where Sigmund Ruud set up a hill record of 69 meters in 1931. In 1940's there were two ski jumps with K-Points of 76 and 41 meters.
In 1955 with renovated Erzenbergschanze Switzerland's largest ski jump was opened. Its modern hill profile was calculated on K90 by Prof. Straumann and an early hill record was 84 m by Andreas Däscher. In 1950’s there regularily the world’s ski jumping elite competed, but today the former ski jumping hill does no longer exist.
The 3 Frechelen-Schanzen were built in 1963, then in 1987 the judges tower was reconstructed and in 1997 a floodlight was added to the facility in order to promote night competitions. With these ski jumping hills Langenbruck had the only homologated ski jumping facility in whole northwest Switzerland.
After the last official competition on the large hill took place already back in 2000 with Swiss Junior Championships of Nordic Combined, the final decision to close the hill fell in December 2010. Due to a lack of young jumpers and the old-fashioned condition the jumping facility will be torn down, only the take-off will remain as a relict.

to top

Hill records K90 (Men):

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2019
www.skijumpinghills.com