|Hill record:||36.0 m (Ernst Baechtold , 1916-01-16, N-SUI)|
|36.0 m ( Baertsch , 1916-01-16, N-SUI)|
|Year of construction:||1908|
|Operating until:||ca. 1930|
|Ski club:||SC Engelberg|
Shortly after it was founded in December 1903, the Engelberg Ski Club set up its first ski jumping hill at so-called "Bänzenrüti", not far from today's Gross-Titlis-Schanze. As a preparation for the "IV. Great Ski Race of Switzerland", which was held in Engelberg in January 1908, the Sandrain-Schanze was built at the entrance to the village for 133 Francs and 50 Rappen. During the 12th Swiss ski race in 1916, top distances of 36 meters were achieved. For the 19th Swiss ski race in 1925, the significantly larger first Titlis-Schanze was constructed. Presumably, Sandrainschanze was still used as a training hill for some time.